The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Infamous12
Kent. I will call back. If i dont get a clear answer, should i ask to be rejected so i can get into clearing ASAP? It is quite ridiculous. If i ask to be rejected that might take them even longer and i will miss out on so many places.

If you ask to be rejected that will usually force their hand to accept you if they're going to or to let you go without delaying you for days.

Last year there were about 5 people kept waiting well over a week - and 2-3 of them were then rejected. :mad:

It's a horrible way for any university to behave to basically treat you like **** while they wait to see if they can get anyone with higher grades in clearing.
Still not being able to get onto edexcel results plus direct. :dontknow: this is the only way that I can get my results with edexcel and I have been refreshing the page since 7 hrs ago
Reply 1582
Original post by RoseBrilliante
Wow, well done! I got a B in chemistry too: my ISA dragged it down unfortunately (those damn ISAs :unimpressed:). And I got C for S1 which is a miracle seeing as I got a U in the mocks :P

Nicely done! They must've been nice with S1 this time, I really can't fathom how on earth I managed a B for it :O I was 1 UMS off an A in the chem ISAs haha, gutted, but got a B in F322 so it was a B overall anyway :smile: S1 was horrible wasn't it!
Reply 1583
[QUOTE="Ripper-Roo;43976024"]My mistake about the Jan resits, I totally forgot that they've changed the rules.

You're probably going to have to ask your teachers for a professional opinion. But in my opinion, resitting the whole year is not a disaster at all, and if anything it will work in your favour to improve your grades and apply for a different course in a year's time. Lots of students do resit AS and they have no problem in securing university offers, just as long as they do make improvements.

To sum up, no it doesn't look bad!![/QUOTE

Thanks
Original post by Ecawthorn
Sorry but I don't understand grade boundaries haha, got a C in sociology which I'm a bit disappointed about but what did raw mark and ums mark did you have to get to get an A? & to get a B? Have they raised the boundaries for sociology? Seems a bit dodgy this year from what I've heard with other people who've got C's who were expected a bit better:smile:

Hi. I got a C too and I'm really disappointed as I was only 5 raw marks away from a B >.> you needed 56 raw marks for an A and I think that is the equivalent of 96 UMS. It is 50 raw marks for a B and I think that is the equivalent of 84 UMS. Yes, they raised the grade boundaries by one or two marks this year... not that it really makes a huge difference. Did you do the crime and deviance unit? How many UMS did you get?
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by joy_to_the_world
English Literature

That has disasters
Original post by MathsNerd1
Yeah just show them up with Further Maths :biggrin:

Maths shows I can't :redface:
Original post by Ripper-Roo
It depends on how organised you are and how you can manage your time with AS and A2 resits. Resits tend to be easier the second time around because: 1) you've learned new content and 2) you can apply the skills you learn in A2 to the AS exams (analysis, evaluation skills, etc, improve so this can really help).

If you decide to continue, you need to determine what your predicted grades are and if you're going to university, or if you'll apply with your A-level results which means taking a gap year. Also, you can drop a subject and I wouldn't consider it necessary to resit it if you can get good grades in the others.

Have you considered starting again if you're concerned about overloading yourself next June?

I was initially thinking maybe retaking the AS year again because I desperately want to go a good Uni which want grades like ABB and I am far from my reach so I have no clue what I can do.

With resits, I'd have to retake all of my subjects because they are not good.
Original post by Andaxay
Nicely done! They must've been nice with S1 this time, I really can't fathom how on earth I managed a B for it :O I was 1 UMS off an A in the chem ISAs haha, gutted, but got a B in F322 so it was a B overall anyway :smile: S1 was horrible wasn't it!

I hate ISAs, I'm actually rubbish at them haha! You got a B for S1? Well done :biggrin: I didn't like stats in the first place, thought it was boring! But next year we do mechanics, which I'm looking forward to do :biggrin:
Reply 1588
Original post by Ripper-Roo
Don't feel too disheartened, even if you were expecting better, AAB is still really good and you must've worked hard. Are you going to your insurance or clearing?

Insurance, Queen Mary for economics. Not too bad but still make you think what would've happened if I had a normal c3 test lol
KCL here i comeee !!!!!!!!!!! whooop thank you TSR, you have been one of the best helps to me, forget tutors its all about TSR :wink:
Original post by ElChapo
3 A's in Maths Chemistry and Geography, off to Loughborough University :biggrin: Came from BBC at AS so don't give up

How is that possible apart from hard work!??? Confused. Com

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Sarao
Will an ACC at AS hurt my chances of getting an offer from the course I want to do which is ABB?

Not at all. I got BBBD at AS and applied for 2 AAA and 3 AAB. I got offers from four of them and accepted a place on the AAA course. I got A*AA in the end, AS isn't the end of everything.
Genuinely expected ABCD after I had some exams that I thought went really badly and came out with AAAA for my AS-levels in Maths, History, Geography and Psychology :biggrin: I can't believe it! I'm very lucky though, I was dead on 160/200 for history, so I'm sooo relieved :biggrin: Congratulations to everyone else who's got what they want and got into university :smile:
Reply 1593
I hate ISAs, I'm actually rubbish at them haha! You got a B for S1? Well done :biggrin: I didn't like stats in the first place, thought it was boring! But next year we do mechanics, which I'm looking forward to do :biggrin:

I thank you :biggrin: Nah, I wasn't a massive fan of it, either! Mechanics should be great though, enjoy :smile: I'm dropping maths but did mechanics in physics anyway so I'm all sorted for all my mechanical needs :wink:
Original post by thenumber2goose
Not at all. I got BBBD at AS and applied for 2 AAA and 3 AAB. I got offers from four of them and accepted a place on the AAA course. I got A*AA in the end, AS isn't the end of everything.

Wow, that gives me hope haha :P
Reply 1595
Original post by masryboy94
KCL here i comeee !!!!!!!!!!! whooop thank you TSR, you have been one of the best helps to me, forget tutors its all about TSR :wink:

well done my friend, good luck for the future :smile:
I got 4 A's (AS) but the percentages are not what I hoped....ah well
I know, I always seem to be off A or B grades by a few UMS; it's either that or a few UMS in, never solid, slap-bang-in-the-middle grades :s-smilie:
And yeah, I'm also aiming for A*s/As next year: going to work my arse of in Year 13!

I know, me too!! I actually did worse in this summers exams compared to January because I just scraped an A in psych when in January I got full ums so I really need to up my game. I was 20ums into an A overall though so that's fine! I'm hoping to get my A's up to A*'s and my B's up to A's for next year. My exam timetable next year is a bloody killer though, they're all bunched together and I have about twelve so I'm gonna have to be super organised!
Original post by PQ
If you ask to be rejected that will usually force their hand to accept you if they're going to or to let you go without delaying you for days.

Last year there were about 5 people kept waiting well over a week - and 2-3 of them were then rejected. :mad:

It's a horrible way for any university to behave to basically treat you like **** while they wait to see if they can get anyone with higher grades in clearing.

urghh. If they will reject me, i hope they do it straight away. I already have universities in mind which are in clearing and i think i can get into them!
Original post by EmilyStrange13
Hi. I got a C too and I'm really disappointed as I was only 5 raw marks away from a B >.> you needed 56 raw marks for an A and I think that is the equivalent of 96 UMS. they raised the grade boundaries by one or two marks this year... not that it really makes a huge difference. Did you do the crime and deviance unit? How many UMS did you get?

Are you on about A2? Cos these are my AS'S, oh well I got 77 in unit 2 dunno if that's ums or not which was the C, it says 138 next to the 'mark equivalant' on the exam sheet so I dunno if that means a total of 140 is a B cos if it is, I was 2 marks off-.- I know it's very ambitious but I want an A in sociology so bad!!

Latest