The Student Room Group

Need help on where to go next!

Hi everybody

So my results were a bit of a hit and miss this year for AS, I got a B in Biology, C in History however I managed to c*ck up Chemistry and Geography by getting two D's (BCDD)

I really want to go into life sciences at Uni but obviously i need to improve on these grades, the funny thing is that i kinda dropped history over geography thinking i was going to get a higher grade with the irony being the opposite happened, my history grade is 10 marks off a B and the only reason i believe is due to the fact I couldn't be bothered to resit unit 1 as I grew a dislike for my class and my teachers teaching abilities, I then managed to teach myself most of Unit 2 and got a High B in the exam.

What i was thinking of doing was going into A2, dropping geography for History then resit Unit 1 in the summer, continuing with Biology and EPQ but Resitting all of Chemistry.

Do you think I should do this or should I just resit my entire AS? i'm a bit stuck because half my results were good and half were bad!

Any help appreciated thanks!
Reply 1
It would all depend on what university you want to go to and which grades they'll require.

My advice is, look online for some unis that interest you and see on their website what grades they ask for.

If it's reasonable for you to get them, provided you work a lot harder this time around, then just consider retakes.

But they key phrase is, provided you work a lot harder. A Levels will give you the grades you deserve, so deserve them!
Reply 2
Original post by teh_killer
It would all depend on what university you want to go to and which grades they'll require.

My advice is, look online for some unis that interest you and see on their website what grades they ask for.

If it's reasonable for you to get them, provided you work a lot harder this time around, then just consider retakes.

But they key phrase is, provided you work a lot harder. A Levels will give you the grades you deserve, so deserve them!

Well I wanted to do Biochemistry and the offers range from like AAA to 200 UCAS points.

I just know that what I was awarded was not what I expected and I don't know whether to take a gamble and try and resit stuff in my second year or just start fresh knowing I won't have too much weight but just knowing I need to top my previous grades.

Quick Reply

Latest