The Student Room Group

Barts and The London medicine applicants 2014

Scroll to see replies

Reply 2180
Original post by HURRY UP BARTS
Ooh I have an interview now!!!! :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

Congratsss!! :biggrin: what time did you get your email?
Reply 2181

Knew you would mate, well done :smile:

Like how you create a user name just for this purpose :L

congratulation!

When is your interview?
Reply 2183
Original post by hello101
woop woop 17th and 26 ( 2 of the best candidates lol lol lol ) ( or i just wish ) ha ha ha ha ha ...u dont need to eat ice cream tonight for comfort ... today we eat to celebrate lolz

Haha definitely! Better start preparing soon though :K:
Reply 2184

Congratulationsss..!!:tongue:
Any GEP applicants who have their interview on the 11th February?

How are you guys preparing? There are 4 elements to the selection centre:

1) Interview (observing and commenting on a health professional-patient consultation)
2) Written exercise
3) Team Work Exercise
4) Questionnaire
Original post by JTSF
Yeah someone told me Barts give you a masters in biomed when you intercalate. Is that true?

Sort of. All of the current intercalated BSc's and BMedSci's at Barts should all become MSCi starting from September 2014. So it's not so much a masters in biomed specifically, just that all of them will become masters.

This opens up intercalating to anyone, regardless of having a previous degree or not. In the past it was only the undergraduates who did not have a degree beforehand who could have intercalated. It also means you can only intercalate after Year 3 compared to Year 2 previously, but if you're getting a masters I don't think you'll care too much :p:

More info here:
http://www.smd.qmul.ac.uk/undergraduate/intercalated/

Also there may be a new intercalated BSc in Prehospital medicine, which sounds pretty awesome!
Original post by FFCrusader
Sort of. All of the current intercalated BSc's and BMedSci's at Barts should all become MSCi starting from September 2014. So it's not so much a masters in biomed specifically, just that all of them will become masters.

This opens up intercalating to anyone, regardless of having a previous degree or not. In the past it was only the undergraduates who did not have a degree beforehand who could have intercalated. It also means you can only intercalate after Year 3 compared to Year 2 previously, but if you're getting a masters I don't think you'll care too much :p:

More info here:
http://www.smd.qmul.ac.uk/undergraduate/intercalated/

Also there may be a new intercalated BSc in Prehospital medicine, which sounds pretty awesome!

I am very interested in this. I actually wanted to do Biomedical Engineering MSci or Experimental Pathology or Molecular Medicine. etc etc. This is partly the reason why Barts is my first choice!

Do you know how long it takes to complete these MSci? is it just a year or would it be 2 or 3 now that it's a master?

OMG I'm so excited already. But I have to be successful at my interview first :L
Reply 2188
It does sound good, I'm glad I picked Barts then. I just hope I get an offer.
Reply 2189
Anyone with interviews on the 24th? :smile:
Reply 2190
Original post by General Maximus
Any GEP applicants who have their interview on the 11th February?

How are you guys preparing? There are 4 elements to the selection centre:

1) Interview (observing and commenting on a health professional-patient consultation)
2) Written exercise
3) Team Work Exercise
4) Questionnaire

Hey :smile: I have one on the 11th also. I've been told that you can't really prepare for the selection centre so I'm feeling a bit stuck!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Just bought a train ticket. Excited and nervous and happy :smile:

Let's hope nerves don't get the better of us.
Original post by Anxious Owl
Just bought a train ticket. Excited and nervous and happy :smile:

Let's hope nerves don't get the better of us.

Just don't be too anxious :wink:

Is Barts your first choice?
Original post by XingBairong
Just don't be too anxious :wink:

Is Barts your first choice?

Haha, yes. Maybe I should change my username :wink:

To be honest, Barts was always an aspirational choice - Nottingham has always been my number 1 choice. I'm still in shock over the interview offer, after seeing the calibre of some of the applicants.

I suppose I would just like to do medicine full stop, no matter where it is (but Nottingham or Barts would be brilliant!)

What about you?
(edited 10 years ago)
Do they reply end of march or middle guys?
Original post by Anxious Owl
Haha, yes. Maybe I should change my username :wink:

To be honest, Barts was always an aspirational choice - Nottingham has always been my number 1 choice. I'm still in shock over the interview offer, after seeing the calibre of some of the applicants.

I suppose I would just like to do medicine full stop, no matter where it is (but Nottingham or Barts would be brilliant!)

What about you?

Barts is my first choice.
Although, as long as I get to do medicine, I'm good!
Original post by DocTSR
Anyone with interviews on the 24th? :smile:

Me! :biggrin:
do we have to wear a suit to interview...(men)
Original post by ocelot92
do we have to wear a suit to interview...(men)

Yes. You want to look professional.
Reply 2199
Original post by raveen789
Do they reply end of march or middle guys?

After the interview they said I won't be hearing from them until March 15th, so I guess it's the second half of the month.

The admissions staff people are so nice and friendly, no need to worry guys!
I was stressing my brains out but they were so chilled out, making jokes, smiling and all the stress disappeared in no time!

It's the perfect medschool, I just hope I'll get an offer. Fingers crossed for all of u guys, good luck on your interviews!! :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending