The Student Room Group

I bombed C3, have I ruined my chances?

Hi there,

Just to clarify, I took both AS and A2 maths in year 12 and will be taking both AS+A2 further maths this year (year 13).

I got my results last week and to my horror I got 83% on C3. Well, I was expecting it. I knew I had screwed up - I have excuses but they are of no use now. I had managed to get 100% on C1/2/4 and S1 and damn 99% on M1. In other subjects I got 97% in physics and a meh 89% in chem.

I'm taking FP1-3 and M2-4 next year.

I was hoping on applying to Cambridge, ICL, Durham, Bristol and Manchester, but I know that they ask for UMS marks and desire 90%/95%+. Obviously I've missed that in C3 and chemistry. Have I completely blown my chances at these universities?

Thankyou very much,
Evan
Reply 1
No, your results are fine.
Reply 2
Does C3 even count towards FM? I don't think it does. (I believe it FP1+2/3 and 4 of the applied modules or 3 applied modules and fp2/3)

Even if it does, it's only 1/6th of your overall FM mark, sooo....

It's also worth noting, if you're edexcel, the C3 paper was "very difficult" and other people on the board might have also bombed out in C3.
(edited 10 years ago)
You must go to a good school if you think an A grade is rubbish!
Yep. Enjoy your time at the University of Lincoln!
Reply 5
Original post by electriic_ink
Yep. Enjoy your time at the University of Lincoln!

:rofl:
Reply 6
I went from a B to a D in my maths AS. You most certainly haven't bombed, you have done fantastically. I'm pretty sure with what I can predict you'll get in further maths too, most of those universities will be begging you to join them.
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 7
Original post by Kans
most of those universities will be begging you to join them.

That really isn't how universities work :smile:
Reply 8
I believe OP would receive lots of negs if this have not been posted in here.

Quick Reply

Latest