The Student Room Group

A little advice.

Hey, so basically I'm wondering what will be best thing for me while i'm doing my A levels. I was considering home schooling myself instead of going back to school. The reason being i have lots of bad influences there and for the past 2 years i didn't do anything at school or learn anything. It's probably because i don't put enough effort in there but there are a lot of distractions and it makes it hard for me to concentrate. The only reason i did well with my gcse's was because i taught myself the courses at home, as for some reason i'm much more motivated at home then at school.

So i was considering home schooling myself and maybe getting a private tutor because i think thats what would probably be best for me. Also if i do go with this option how much are private exam entries and how would i tell my parents as they would probably be very against it. I just need some advice on what to do thanks :smile:.
If you feel that you would learn better when home schooled, then go for it. Having said that, I am quite sure that it will be expensive. I have a cousin like you who had to persuade her parents to get her privately schooled and they were very against the idea too. She just sat down and talked to them about how beneficial being home schooled would be to her and she managed to persuade them. I think you should try something like that.

Hope that helps! :smile:
Reply 2
Original post by rachelrajesh
If you feel that you would learn better when home schooled, then go for it. Having said that, I am quite sure that it will be expensive. I have a cousin like you who had to persuade her parents to get her privately schooled and they were very against the idea too. She just sat down and talked to them about how beneficial being home schooled would be to her and she managed to persuade them. I think you should try something like that.

Hope that helps! :smile:

Yeah thanks :smile: and we don't really much money :/ so i wouldn't be able to afford a tutor every day and would probably have to do the majority myself
Original post by Chris1067
Yeah thanks :smile: and we don't really much money :/ so i wouldn't be able to afford a tutor every day and would probably have to do the majority myself

Happy to help :wink:

Quick Reply

Latest