The Student Room Group

Should I do spanish or geography a level?

I want to do medicine/pharmacy/nursing at uni... which a level do you think I
should take?

Personally, I like gg & spanish equally. I do find the spanish workload to be much less than geography. I've only had one gg a level lesson but I can switch to spanish.

I did well in both subjects, I got a's.

Which subject do you think is more beneficial for the course I want to do?

I am currently doing Biology, Chemistry & Maths. I have until friday to change my geography option to spanish.
Reply 1
I'd written a decent response and my laptop died before I posted it so here's the condensed version...

Since you're already doing the required subjects for your chosen uni field, Spanish/Geography is just going to be extra and the content doesn't need to be relevant/beneficial. If I were you I'd just look at jumping through the hoops to get a university place i.e. just look at hitting the top grades, getting work experience etc. You don't want to choose Geography and then realise that it's time consuming and dragging you away from something important like Chemistry coursework or giving you no time to do weekend volunteering. If I were you I'd simply go with the one which will require the least amount of effort for a good grade allowing you to concentrate on nailing the important subjects.

Quick Reply

Latest