The Student Room Group

Maths/FM AS/A2 grade calculator

Has anyone ever written a little program that you can put in ums for various modules and it will tell you what grades you'll get? (Sorry if this has come up before, they're not very useful terms to search for!)

You could play around with the ums you already have and see what you need to get in future modules to get particular grades.

Or do people just rely on pencil and paper/teachers?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1
I have on excel. Basically you just find out the total ums you need to get the grade you want and subtract your current ums from it. Divide the answer by how many modules you still have to do and you'll get an average of what you need to get in your remaining modules.
Reply 2
Original post by BeckySharp
Has anyone ever written a little program that you can put in ums for various modules and it will tell you what grades you'll get? (Sorry if this has come up before, they're not very useful terms to search for!)

You could play around with the ums you already have and see what you need to get in future modules to get particular grades.

Or do people just rely on pencil and paper/teachers?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Try
http://ucal.co.uk/
Reply 3
Thanks both (especially for that helpful explanation Nitrogen, lol - I had got that far!) - I didn't really explain myself fully earlier: what I'm thinking of is for people doing Maths and FM, which would apply the exam board rules about maximising your grades across both. Ucal won't do it, I think, though I do like the look of it for keeping all your information in one place. Could you do it in Excel? I couldn't, but that doesn't mean much.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending