The Student Room Group

Is it possible for me to pick Graphic Design A-Level & BTEC Art Level 3 together?

I've wanted to be within the graphic design career, and I was fairly interested in the "Graphic Communication" undergraduate degree to study later. The reason why I wanted to do both Graphic Design A-Level and Art & Design BTEC Level 3 was to help build up my portfolio and stuff, but I was wondering if it was allowed as they are mildly similar courses?

This is my first post on here so sorry if it's unclear/confusing :s-smilie: Thanks for any replies :smile:
Reply 1
It could be possible (depends on your college) but it does not make any sense. BTEC Art & Design will give you more than enough opportunity to build your portfolio - if you are doing the Extended Diploma you are basically supposed to work full-time on it (I'm sure it has Graphic Design option units as well, though not sure if your college offers them). If you want to do an A-Level alongside (which is a good idea), you should take a contrasting one that may still be useful for your degree choice, like English, Business or Computing or Maths, depending on your preferences and abilities.
(edited 10 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest