The Student Room Group

What do you eat typically? - ideas & amounts!

Basically id nibble the entire time if i let myself. i dont want to drop weight i just want to not be eating the whole time, i want to start having proper meals! snacking constantly is not the healthiest thing to do...

So what do you eat for a typical breakfast, lunch and dinner?:smile:

Lol im so unimaginative when it comes to food, even brekkie, i find a regular bowl of cereal just doesnt fill me...

help please!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
id have coffee in the morning and then more coffee at lunch....then a sandwich for dinner followed by more coffee....thats all i can remember to be honest :smile:
Reply 2
bowl of cereal in morning
rice cakes and fruit for break
fruit juice for lunch
carrot sticks&hommous or sometimes half a packet of crisps/cereal bar mid afternoon
pitta bread and salad or quorn fillet and salad for dinner
half a bowl of cereal in evening

salad, cups of tea, and water at various points during the day
Reply 3
Today I didn't eat as much as I usually do and it was a little weird but anyway.

Breakfast: black coffee, one sugar, big bowl of cous cous and lentils
Lunch: peanut butter sandwich with a load of crisps
Dinner: beans on toast with cheese
Snacks: two kiwi fruit, some more crisps

A lot more coffee. Usually I have cereal, more food and more fruit.
You guys don't eat much!:eek:

I had a full english brekkie in the morning
spag bol for lunch
sweet n sour chicken for dinner
a large pizza just now
chocolate bars (mars and snickers) and crisps + apples and bananas throughout the day as snacks

Still peckish, so getting a bowl of cereal now...

BTW I weigh 8 stone, and i'm an 18 year old guy!
Reply 5
I eat whatever I want and I never put on weight. Just accompany your food with a healthy portion of live tapeworms and you'll find that you can binge on whatever you want without seeing any repercussions:smile:.
I had some muesli with fruit for breakfast
For lunch I had pasta with tuna
For dinner I had chiken salad, and some chips a bit later on
For snack I have had a banana and a packet of crisps

This is all making me hungry now
Reply 7
I eat whatever the hell I want whenever I want! For example today I ate:

3 chocolate chip brioches, glass of coke,
Cheese sandwich, raspberry yoghurt with 1.5 sugars, coke,
Chocolate,
Prawn cocktail flavour crisps,
1 bowl of pasta and sauce,
Another bowl of pasta and sauce,
A third bowl of pasta and sauce, 1 chicken breast, lemon and garlic courgettes,
Coke,
Raspberry youghurt with 2.5 sugars,
Chocolate.

I did eat so much today as had a light lunch...I drink a lot of coke because it de-stresses me during exams!

I'm not fat- I'm female, 18, 6 foot and weight 10.5 stone.
Reply 8
omg whats rong with u guys!
eat more!
its good 4 u! :smile:
Today - in order

Tea and Toast

**gap of 5 hours**

Choc crossiant, 2 plums, pack of crisps and choclate milkshake

**gap of 4 hours**

small pizza, chips and a can of fizzy drink

**gap of 1 hour**

Tea and some digestives.

My eating patterns are totally random and are not based around trying to keep healthy!
Today:

Breakfast: Skipped! (Got up at 13:00)
Lunch: Super Noodles
Dinner: Chili
Snacks: Large Hot Dog (from cinema), family sized bag of Thai Sweet Chilli Sensations, Apricot Yogurt

I'm soooooo healthy.
Reply 11
hmm, normal day would be:

Harvest bar and Coco Pops bar for breakfast.
Some kind of salad or baguette for lunch
Some meal at home.. depends on what my mom decides to cook.

=)
Reply 12
Yesterday...

Breakfast: Puffed wheat and banana chopped up on top, then a peach, some grapes and an orange

Lunch: Cheese and Pickle Sandwich, Twiglets, Chocoale bar, apple, another orange, another apple, some more grapes, 12 almonds and 8 apricots.

Dinner: Pasta with tomato sauce, salad, yoghurt

Snacks: Chocolate biscuits, some uncooked noodles (really good to snack on!) 2 apples, 1 peach, a few more handfuls of grapes, 2 oranges, 2 kiwis and a banana.
I usually skip breakfast. Is this bad?
Breakfast is the most important meal. Those that don't eat breakfast will have a slower metabolism rate and find it harder to lose weight. Their performance throughout the day will also be less than that of someone who has eaten breakfast, such as concentration levels
miss_giggles
Breakfast is the most important meal. Those that don't eat breakfast will have a slower metabolism rate and find it harder to lose weight. Their performance throughtout the day will also be less than that of someone who has eaten breakfast, such as concentration levels

Well said, I can never understand why people miss meals it just isn't good!
You should eat three healthy balanced meals a day.

I'm rubbish at it.

Breakfast: 1 slice of toast or nothing
Lunch: Sandwich or soup with crisps and fruit juice
Dinner: usually a big meal, but at the minute it's been weetabix with bananas.

Not intentional, I am busy so don't have much time to eat. I really shouldn't skip breakfast though. :frown:
And snacks - you should generally eat 3 meals and snacks.
Reply 18
I eat far too many snacks! its always out of boredom though, i just stand looking in the fridge because the alternative is revision!
I cant function without breakfast, usually cereal with skimmed milk, or yoghurt with fruit.
For lunch i have soup or a wrap, trying to cut down on bread as it makes me bloated. My favourite lunch is a tortilla wrap with low fat philadelphia and crispy bacon.
Mum is on a diet too so we generally have healthy dinners, spaghetti bolognese, cous cous, salads, loads of veg etc.
Snacks usually fruit or carrots. dried apricots, yoghurts (i love activia prune yoghurts, they sound and look disgusting but theyre gorgeous and really good for you) and when i cant resist crisps (potato heads ar low fat varieties) and chocolate (freddos or curlywurlys so i dont eat too much, curly wurlys are better cos theres less chocolate and more toffee stuff and are less fattening)
Reply 19
oh, and i never go a day without drinking 2 litres of water, does wonders for wieght loss and is so good for you

Latest

Trending

Trending