The Student Room Group

gain weight and build msucle

I am 57kg, 173cm I have 3 months where I am completely free, I want to gain weight and build msucle, for now I am just trying to go to the gym consistently, what would be a realistic goal to have by 3 months
Reply 1
I don't think setting goals would be a good idea. Everyone is different so setting goals should be personally fit. Train with a good trainer who specializes in weight gain (most work only on weight loss and have no idea how to gain weight except from "eat more" which is not always working).

I'm in the same boat and it took me years to find a good and healthy way for me. So a few months most probably won't do much. I was 163/164cm weight 39-42kg. Now I'm 45-46kg. I was around 40kg when I was a competitive athlete (running and basketball). I now have a healthy amount of body fat and about the same amount of muscles. I was at my best form before the vertigo about two months ago, I was 47kg and ran 21km.

Some people gain muscles very fast from doing almost nothing, others have to work very hard to gain muscles. Fitting a proper routine is very important so look for a good trainer to help you. Also speak to a dietician.
Find a tried and tested program and give it a whirl. Three months where you don't have any other commitments is an excellent opportunity to build up a reasonable foundation.
Reply 3
It's not a very big deal ! Just focus of your workout and proper diet can get your desired fitness ..

Quick Reply

Latest