The Student Room Group

How much money do I need to move out?

3rd year at uni, living with my family still and want to move out. I don't know how much money I need to have before I move out though.

Currently, in my bank I have £7.3k, plus student loans being like £500 pm.
I plan on getting a part time job during uni months and full time during breaks, but I'm not sure if this is enough. I'm planning on moving into edinburgh as well which is outrageously expensive.

Anyone have any advice.
Original post by MilkDud2631
3rd year at uni, living with my family still and want to move out. I don't know how much money I need to have before I move out though.

Currently, in my bank I have £7.3k, plus student loans being like £500 pm.
I plan on getting a part time job during uni months and full time during breaks, but I'm not sure if this is enough. I'm planning on moving into edinburgh as well which is outrageously expensive.

Anyone have any advice.

There is no set amount that you need for moving out.
Look at the costs associated with living in the area you want to live. For example how much is the typical rent, bills etc etc. That will give you an idea of how much things will be per month.
If you are going to get job, then get one before moving out. You want to be able to live month to month. You dont want to be eating into your savings.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending