The Student Room Group

How are you keeping your notes?

Hey TSR, I was just wondering how you're keeping your notes (folders, types of pad, structure etc), particularly with math based subjects.

I've been struggling with finding an effective way, especially with maths, and was hoping to pick up a few tips.
Original post by Rowsonator
Hey TSR, I was just wondering how you're keeping your notes (folders, types of pad, structure etc), particularly with math based subjects.

I've been struggling with finding an effective way, especially with maths, and was hoping to pick up a few tips.

Big ring binder for maths.
Reply 2
I just have 4 ring binders, one for each subject, I stuck some dividers in each one with the units or modules because my lit teacher told us to do that for lit, so I figured I'd do them all like that. Is anyone else rewriting notes neatly or anything of the sort?
Massive lever arch files. Notes are in wallets and I like to type them. Dividers are great to use too. I always type up my notes from notes I have written in school after I have researched more about the subject.
Reply 4
Original post by Ana:)
I just have 4 ring binders, one for each subject, I stuck some dividers in each one with the units or modules because my lit teacher told us to do that for lit, so I figured I'd do them all like that. Is anyone else rewriting notes neatly or anything of the sort?

Yh in writing up my notes neatly, hmm dnt know if its a waste of time tho:dontknow:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 5
Original post by sr234
Yh in writing up my notes neatly, hmm dnt know if its a waste of time tho:dontknow:

Posted from TSR Mobile

I keep seeing people around write beautiful calligraphy for notes in about a bajillion different colours and keep it in a notebook? I sometimes rewrite them , but I don't know if I'm supposed to be so religious about it :confused:
I did Bio, Chem and Maths and had a lever arch file for each (I started the year with them all in the same folder but separated them as they got too big). I had dividers for each chapter in the textbooks, this looked like a lot, especially for maths but I had a lot to catch up on as I had a baby last september so it was easy to see the topics that I hadn't done much work for. Organisation as definitely the key, I always planned to be organised but never did in my other school years :tongue:. I got A*A*A :smile:.
Reply 7
Where they belong: the rubbish bin.
Reply 8
For maths, just buy a notebook and then all of your notes are in one place. Then hole punch the book and put it in with any practice questions for that module.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 9

yeah that's exactly what i do and i also rewrite my notes, partly to make them more readable and partly for revision purposes. i sometimes type my notes up.
Reply 10
I'm too dedicated to the binder approach to use a notebook, so dedicated I even carry a mini hole-punch around with me.
I'm too dedicated to the binder approach to use a notebook, so dedicated I even carry a mini hole-punch around with me.

I carried a big hole punch around with me last year :tongue: couldn't have survived without it, I'd have just lost all my sheets.
Reply 12
everything goes in ring-binders for me. When I finish a topic I put it in an arch lever for that subject at home.

I just take my ring-binders and a pad of paper to college and put loose sheets in at the end of the lesson.
Reply 13
Just in a giant pad. I usually have one per subject, but this year I've doubled up (so I write one subject starting from back, other from front) because the GCSE doesn't require as much content as my AS levels.

I use plastic wallets for maths, bout it.

Quick Reply

Latest