The Student Room Group

How to get an A at EPQ

I only really want/care for a A for an EPQ, so if anybody has any advice please respond as I am so clueless what to do. Preferably, can somebody please add me to a current discord that is orientated towards EPQ's.
Original post by rubyroo1237
I only really want/care for a A for an EPQ, so if anybody has any advice please respond as I am so clueless what to do. Preferably, can somebody please add me to a current discord that is orientated towards EPQ's.

Production log tips:
-Keep a diary so that you write down any challenges/improvement you have experienced throughout your project.
-Note down your thought processes, any changes you have made and why, what skills you gain
-Note down how have you changed as a student having done the EPQ
-Exaggerate if you must but try and present yourself as the best student (time management, organization) and try to make it seem that the EPQ has really shaped you to be a better independent learner

Research:
- Make Gantt charts to keep track of deadlines (this will be used as evidence for staying organized)
- Note down the website address when you decide to make use of a piece of information from a particular resource. You will need to do in-text citations and a reference list in alphabetical order for when you write your essay.
-Have a clear structure for your essay and put in your opinions. Write in 3rd person.
- Use a range of resources
- Evaluate your sources and show this in your essay (you must CRAAP test at least 3 in your essay)

Presentation:
- use minimal text to keep the audience engaged
- don't read from a script (this is not a must but is appreciated)
- Use images/diagrams
- Ask the audience questions (engagement)
- Evaluate on your strength and weaknesses
- Think of possible questions your teacher/friends might ask you

Keep in mind that the aspect of the project that would earn you the most marks would be in reflecting on everything you have done and not the essay! If you have any more Qs feel free to ask. Hope this helps!
Reply 2
Thank you so much, I have my presentation 21st feburary ( less than two days away ) freaking out but hopefully fingers crossed I will do this.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending