The Student Room Group
Manchester Metropolitan University
Manchester

MMU Applicants 2014

Scroll to see replies

Reply 980
Original post by LawrenceA95
Anyone studying Graphic Design or anything in the art school?

I'm doing Illustration with Animation
Manchester Metropolitan University
Manchester
Reply 981
Original post by sciacallo010
I just noticed the reading list in the welcome page with something marked as "Essential reading", some as "Further reading" and a single "Items for purchase"; am I supposed to buy some or all of these, or should I wait the beginning of the course?

I was wondering this too, I think I'm going to wait though as I don't really want to waste money

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 982
Original post by sciacallo010
I just noticed the reading list in the welcome page with something marked as "Essential reading", some as "Further reading" and a single "Items for purchase"; am I supposed to buy some or all of these, or should I wait the beginning of the course?

you don't need to buy now, you can wait till you start and your tutor will tell you the things you really need, and well after that up to you on what you want to buy
Original post by msa_001
you don't need to buy now, you can wait till you start and your tutor will tell you the things you really need, and well after that up to you on what you want to buy

anyone doing games design and development?
Original post by heyoka
anyone doing games design and development?

Hello I am I've been looking to speak to some future course mates.
Original post by MrWhite117
Hello I am I've been looking to speak to some future course mates.

Hi! :biggrin: so your doing the same course as me then? thats great, commuting or accomodation?
Original post by AmyPilot
X

It would seem you got away with it. All Dunham appartments won't be ready for moving in day and so we're all getting moved somewhere else till the end of October. Count yourself lucky :')
Is anyone else having problems booking thier arrival time on the accommodation website?
Original post by Deyesy
It would seem you got away with it. All Dunham appartments won't be ready for moving in day and so we're all getting moved somewhere else till the end of October. Count yourself lucky :')

Oh crikey! Where are they putting everyone????
Oh crikey! Where are they putting everyone????

A ****hole...

http://www.mmu.ac.uk/accommodation/grosvenor/

Are these the halls that Manchester Uni are planning to demolish?

Hope it all gets finished soon so you can relocate quickly! Glad its not happening to me - had enough hassle with accommodation. At least they are giving you some compensation.

Good luck!
Are these the halls that Manchester Uni are planning to demolish?

Hope it all gets finished soon so you can relocate quickly! Glad its not happening to me - had enough hassle with accommodation. At least they are giving you some compensation.

Good luck!

Yups >.> They're due to be demolished. Nice that they're moving 500 or so of us to such lovely accomodation. £50 is too much for what others have described as 'crack hole'. I know the extra £225-£375 will be nice but we're due to be move in 9 days or so and this is first we hear of it. Very glad it's not happening to you ^^ MMU like to mess people around.
Original post by Deyesy
Yups >.> They're due to be demolished. Nice that they're moving 500 or so of us to such lovely accomodation. £50 is too much for what others have described as 'crack hole'. I know the extra £225-£375 will be nice but we're due to be move in 9 days or so and this is first we hear of it. Very glad it's not happening to you ^^ MMU like to mess people around.

Is it just the flats or is it the town houses too - I see the town houses are still showing limited availability on the website.

Sure hope you get through this - not sure I would cope if its that rough there so glad I am out of it.

I never even got an apology when they messed up my application - they just shouted - my mum was furious about there attitude.

Hope its the only thing they mess up though.
Reply 994
Original post by Deyesy

If anything its going to make your main accommodation look like a palace!
Is it just the flats or is it the town houses too - I see the town houses are still showing limited availability on the website.

Sure hope you get through this - not sure I would cope if its that rough there so glad I am out of it.

I never even got an apology when they messed up my application - they just shouted - my mum was furious about there attitude.

Hope its the only thing they mess up though.

Some of the townhouses too. They truely are awful when it comes to communication with things like this :/ An apology was the least they could've given you given THEY messed up your application.

Original post by Toplel
If anything its going to make your main accommodation look like a palace!

Anything would look like a palce compared to the **** I'll be moving into for 3-5 weeks :') No wi-fi in the rooms either.
Original post by Deyesy
Some of the townhouses too. They truely are awful when it comes to communication with things like this :/ An apology was the least they could've given you given THEY messed up your application.

Anything would look like a palce compared to the **** I'll be moving into for 3-5 weeks :') No wi-fi in the rooms either.

You'll have to squat in a friends room or find an all night café to stay in! Or maybe the cardboard box beside the canal I thought I was heading for at one point.

This is so bad - I really feel for you. Glad now I found my own accommodation - at least they were helpful!
Original post by heyoka
Hi! :biggrin: so your doing the same course as me then? thats great, commuting or accomodation?

Yes! I'm doing Games design and Development and I'm in accommodation in a Birley Townhouse Student accommodation.
Original post by MrWhite117
Yes! I'm doing Games design and Development and I'm in accommodation in a Birley Townhouse Student accommodation.

im a commuter so i was hoping you would be one too :colondollar: ah well worth a shot. So have you been affected by the birley moving? :frown:
Anyone else commuting? I live just outside Manchester and this is my second degree so cant afford to move out again! Dont want to miss out on all the fun though!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending