The Student Room Group

Leeds Dentistry Applicants 2014

Scroll to see replies

Original post by someone01
I don't really fully understand it myself to be honest. But if I was to have a guess, I would say that the people in admissions for dentistry sent out their decisions to some sort of internal system and the people there are the ones who are going to update our ucas track(???)... I have no idea really, I just want to know!!:frown:

That does actually sound like it could be the situation. I've no idea :frown: I just wish we could find out...this is going to be a longggg day if we have to wait until 5pm :redface:
Hi Everyone - just had a chat to the Dentistry admissions team to clarify this all for you :smile:

Dentistry admissions have made their decisions - these have been sent to our central admissions team. Once they have processed them (I'm waiting to hear back from them as to when they think this will be - but is likely to be by the end of the day), your UCAS Track will get updated.

If you have been made an offer, you will receive an email from UCAS once your track is updated, and will be posted an offer pack from the University of Leeds (due to be sent by the end of the week, most likely tomorrow).

If your application has been unsuccessful, you will receive an email tomorrow informing you of this. The email will tell you that you will receive feedback on your application (via a letter) which should be sent in the next two weeks.

I hope that helps - the Dentistry admissions team have kindly asked that you have a tiny bit more patience, they're busy filling the offer packs and pulling together feedback for unsuccessful applications, and every phone call takes them away from this. They know how anxious you all are though - not much longer to wait!

If you've got any questions - let me know

Amanda
University of Leeds
Original post by University of Leeds
Hi Everyone - just had a chat to the Dentistry admissions team to clarify this all for you :smile:

Dentistry admissions have made their decisions - these have been sent to our central admissions team. Once they have processed them (I'm waiting to hear back from them as to when they think this will be - but is likely to be by the end of the day), your UCAS Track will get updated.

If you have been made an offer, you will receive an email from UCAS once your track is updated, and will be posted an offer pack from the University of Leeds (due to be sent by the end of the week, most likely tomorrow).

If your application has been unsuccessful, you will receive an email tomorrow informing you of this. The email will tell you that you will receive feedback on your application (via a letter) which should be sent in the next two weeks.

I hope that helps - the Dentistry admissions team have kindly asked that you have a tiny bit more patience, they're busy filling the offer packs and pulling together feedback for unsuccessful applications, and every phone call takes them away from this. They know how anxious you all are though - not much longer to wait!

If you've got any questions - let me know

Amanda
University of Leeds

Thanks so much for your response.

Does this mean that if our track does not change today, we have been unsuccessful. I.e only those with offers will get updated tracks today?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by EnamelAddict
Thanks so much for your response.

Does this mean that if our track does not change today, we have been unsuccessful. I.e only those with offers will get updated tracks today?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I've just checked with our central admissions team - they should have finished pushing all decisions (Offers and unsuccessful) through to UCAS this afternoon (4pmish), it then usually takes an hour or so for UCAS to update.

Depending on how you've opted to receive notifications from UCAS- you should receive an email/text/smoke-signal by the end of today - Ithink it will just be the standard message that tells you your track has been updated, you'll then have to log in to see the decision.
I've just checked with our central admissions team - they should have finished pushing all decisions (Offers and unsuccessful) through to UCAS this afternoon (4pmish), it then usually takes an hour or so for UCAS to update.

Depending on how you've opted to receive notifications from UCAS- you should receive an email/text/smoke-signal by the end of today - Ithink it will just be the standard message that tells you your track has been updated, you'll then have to log in to see the decision.

Awesome I'll just have to wait for the red smoke I requested from the top of pendle hill.

Good luck everyone.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Just to add - if your track isn't updated today for any reason, it doesn't necessarily mean that your application was unsuccessful. We push through all decisions at the same time, so if there's a delay your application could still go either way.
Just to add - if your track isn't updated today for any reason, it doesn't necessarily mean that your application was unsuccessful. We push through all decisions at the same time, so if there's a delay your application could still go either way.

Thank you so much for your post! At least we all can stop constantly checking our emails for a few more hours haha :smile:
Reply 387
My Track was updated but I didn't get an email or anything telling me? Anyway I got an UNCODTIONAL OFFER and I'm buzzing. So check your Tracks everyone and GOOD LUCK!
Reply 388
Hey guys.....check ucas track even if you haven't got an email!! Mines been updated. I got unconditional offer!!!!
Reply 389
Original post by StevoD
My Track was updated but I didn't get an email or anything telling me? Anyway I got an UNCODTIONAL OFFER and I'm buzzing. So check your Tracks everyone and GOOD LUCK!

Congratulations! Same here!!!
OFFER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am ssssuuuuppppeeeeerrrrrrrr happy&suprised!!!!!!!!!!! :ahee::ahee::p:p

Posted from TSR Mobile
Offer :biggrin: absolutely buzzing. 2 gap years paid off :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:
Congrats guys :smile: Really happy for all of you!
Reply 393
unconditional offfffer!!!! whoop
Reply 395
Offer!!!!!!!!!! So super happy! !!:biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
3 UCAS applications later, UNCONDITIONAL OFFER. PRAISE THE LORD. I have never been so happy in all my life!! +£/"8£/3+"7'-£/£++££

CONGRATULATIONS EVERYONEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Rejected omg so happy yeyyyyy

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by EnamelAddict
3 UCAS applications later, UNCONDITIONAL OFFER. PRAISE THE LORD. I have never been so happy in all my life!! +£/"8£/3+"7'-£/£++££

CONGRATULATIONS EVERYONEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted from TSR Mobile

was this your third time applying? I thought I was the only one! Congratulations! :biggrin:
Reply 399
Congratulations everyone!! So happy for you all! Good luck with your exams :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest