The Student Room Group

Sixth forms

Hello , Im in Year 11 and live in East London but I need to choose more sixth forms which i can apply right now i already know 3 sixth forms that i would like to go to which are : chobham academy,st bons &angelas sixth form and christ the king
Can anyone tell me more sixth forms which are good in east london
Thank You

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Seven kings high school and the new six form collage in Stratford i think its called London collage of excellence or something like that

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by iracema16
Hello , Im in Year 11 and live in East London but I need to choose more sixth forms which i can apply right now i already know 3 sixth forms that i would like to go to which are : chobham academy,st bons &angelas sixth form and christ the king
Thank You

Hey, I'm in the same position as you.
I've got a lot of choices.
I'm thinking of Chobham, but because it's new, I'm not so sure.
i've got st angelas
LAE
newvic
and some others
Thank You

Have you signed up for any sixth forms yet?
Reply 4
Original post by Bloom77
Have you signed up for any sixth forms yet?

Not yet because I can only apply after my mocks in january so i can get my predicted grades but I already know what sixth forms i'm definitely going to apply which are : st angela & st bons, chobam, bridge academy, christ the king,leyton sixth form and havering.
Oh, cool

I'm not sure about Chobham because it's new, what do you think?
I went to St.Angelas open day, it was actually really good and I really liked it, but I heard that their science department wasn't great.
Your A-levels are mostly dependent on your own effort. Attending a better sixth form has only minimalistic advantages. I've attended probably one of the worst 6th form and still managed to come out with decent AS results. I would go for the one that's the most convenient to travel and focus on independent study to achieve those higher results. Merely giving words of advice.
Original post by Abdul-Karim
Your A-levels are mostly dependent on your own effort. Attending a better sixth form has only minimalistic advantages. I've attended probably one of the worst 6th form and still managed to come out with decent AS results. I would go for the one that's the most convenient to travel and focus on independent study to achieve those higher results. Merely giving words of advice.

Quite true, Abdulkarim and I go to a sixth form that promotes Greenwich University and they also advised us to go on a trip to London South Bank. Both of these universities are below 100 in most UK university rankings, so choose wisely and look for a sixth form that gives you maximum resources.
Original post by Ishaaq Mohamed
Quite true, Abdulkarim and I go to a sixth form that promotes Greenwich University and they also advised us to go on a trip to London South Bank. Both of these universities are below 100 in most UK university rankings, so choose wisely and look for a sixth form that gives you maximum resources.

The contradictions in this statement are incomprehensible.

That's true.
But I want to go to a sixth-form which leads you to a top university, it helps you with personal statements, it provides you with work experience, creates a pathway of many university lectures.
thanks
The contradictions in this statement are incomprehensible.

The contradictions between my statement and your statement is, but the truth is some sixth forms actually get representatives from top universities to talk to the students whilst our sixth form tells us that someone from universities such as Greenwich are coming to talk to us.
The contradictions between my statement and your statement is, but the truth is some sixth forms actually get representatives from top universities to talk to the students whilst our sixth form tells us that someone from universities such as Greenwich are coming to talk to us.

I see your point. It's a shame that we haven't the opportunity to get relative work experience / internships. I think our head is just too lazy to organize such events.
I see your point. It's a shame that we haven't the opportunity to get relative work experience / internships. I think our head is just too lazy to organize such events.

It is apparent to me that the sixth form admin team is shocking. However, the best sixth forms spoon feed their students resources and that is ideal for a procrastinator. :wink:
It is apparent to me that the sixth form admin team is shocking. However, the best sixth forms spoon feed their students resources and that is ideal for a procrastinator. :wink:

Hey, what sixth form did you go to?>
Reply 14
Original post by Bloom77
Oh, cool

I'm not sure about Chobham because it's new, what do you think?
I went to St.Angelas open day, it was actually really good and I really liked it, but I heard that their science department wasn't great.

I went to chobham's open day and I really liked it but because its new I don't know if it's actually good but its my second option.
I went to st angela's&st bons open day as well and I really liked it as well so its my first option because its not far I'm not interested in doing science but I went to the science department and it looks good.
(edited 10 years ago)
I went to chobham's open day and I really liked it but because its new I don't know if it's actually good but its my second option.
I went to st angela's&st bons open day as well and I really liked it as well so its my first option because its not far I'm not interested in doing science but I went to the science department and it looks good.

Yeah, I heard that Chobham is really disciplined but very strict.
I went to the St. Angela's open day too, I actually really liked the science department but I'm still not sure. My friend's sister is a teacher at St. Angelas and they said most of it's like independent learning.
Reply 16
Original post by Bloom77
Yeah, I heard that Chobham is really disciplined but very strict.
I went to the St. Angela's open day too, I actually really liked the science department but I'm still not sure. My friend's sister is a teacher at St. Angelas and they said most of it's like independent learning.

I heard the same about chobham and i think that st angelas is good so you should apply but it depends if the teachers are good and u should also try brampton's sixth form the teachers are very good but its very strict
I heard the same about chobham and i think that st angelas is good so you should apply but it depends if the teachers are good and u should also try brampton's sixth form the teachers are very good but its very strict

Yeah, that's true.
But, I think my first choice is Woodford County but if I don't get in there, I'm probably going to St. Angelas.
I heard Chobham and Brampton are really good, the only drawback is that it's new so I'm not sure what it's like.
Have you heard of Newham Collegiate Sixth form?
Reply 18
Original post by Bloom77
Yeah, that's true.
But, I think my first choice is Woodford County but if I don't get in there, I'm probably going to St. Angelas.
I heard Chobham and Brampton are really good, the only drawback is that it's new so I'm not sure what it's like.
Have you heard of Newham Collegiate Sixth form?

Brampton is new but its very good the reason why im not applying is because im not interested in the topics they do for the subjects i would like to study, chobham might be new but the students that go there told me its very good and they also have all the subjects that i want to study and i think you're talking about newvic which is a very good sixth form but i dont want to apply.
Brampton is new but its very good the reason why im not applying is because im not interested in the topics they do for the subjects i would like to study, chobham might be new but the students that go there told me its very good and they also have all the subjects that i want to study and i think you're talking about newvic which is a very good sixth form but i dont want to apply.

Oh, yeah, newvic is really good but its not newvic lol, its another one, NCS6 sixth form, I think you'll like it.
I'm gonna apply for woodford, st. angelas, NCS6, chobham and LAE which I heard was good as well, but they use the hardest exam boards. :smile:
what you planning to study at A-levels?

Quick Reply

Latest