The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Hope everyone who got an offer got in!!!

Got in for the course at Newcastle. So happy!
I also got in at Newcastle :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
I also got my place at Newcastle :smile:
Woo same! Newcastle here I come!

Sent from by Royal Mail
Original post by KForshaw
Got invited to the assessment day for Newcastle (sorry, I couldn't find a newcastle specific thread so I'm hijacking yours!) :smile: Have submitted my supplementary form after a few hours completing and polishing it today.

Fingers crossed, good luck to everyone.

what did you out for Question 3 I am so stuck.. The one on From a business perspective, if you were to join PwC, which organization would be your ideal client and what services do you think PwC would be providing to enhance the organization’s continued business success
Original post by KForshaw
Hope everyone who got an offer got in!!!

Got in for the course at Newcastle. So happy!

What is the assessment day like ? What did you out for question three on the supplementary application form ? Please help!!
How long did Nottingham take to reply after u sent them the supplementary form
Thank you

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Jess_1324
I applied to the Nottingham one and got sent a form to fill in but got an e-mail today saying I was unsuccessful but they gave me an offer for an accounting course, just not the degree programme. So still a happy ending!
I have applied to the KPMG on and waiting for the 1st round interview (think everyone gets a 1st round interview)

How is your application going?

How long did Nottingham to take to reply after you send them this supplementary form

Posted from TSR Mobile
How long before Nottingham replied after you submitted the supplementary form.
Hi, I applied to Nottingham this year too and it took them about 2 weeks to reply to my supplementary form but I got a place at the assessment day which is on Tuesday :s-smilie: I'm so nervous!
Reply 110
Original post by Sophiepep
Hi, I applied to Nottingham this year too and it took them about 2 weeks to reply to my supplementary form but I got a place at the assessment day which is on Tuesday :s-smilie: I'm so nervous!

How did the assessment day go? I have mine next Tuesday and I'm so nervous!
Can anyone tell me how they practised for the numerical and verbal reasoning tests? I have been doing the online ones but can't seem to get past question 14/15 before running out of time
Hi I'm applying for the programme this year, what was the assessment/interview like at Newcastle? That's where I've applied for. Is there any technical exams e.g maths or is it just all interviews?
Original post by louanneastley
I also got my place at Newcastle :smile:

Hi I'm applying for the programme this year, what was the assessment/interview like at Newcastle? That's where I've applied for. Is there any technical exams e.g maths or is it just all interviews?
Hi, i have been invited to the assessment centre by Henley Business school, could anyone tell me how to go about preparing for the interview. Also if anyone has been to their assessment day, could you tell me the questions that you were asked?
Thanks
Had mine today u need to research a case study which they will ask u about apart from that all the questions start give me an example of a time u handled leadership or had to complete a certain piece of work which was time restricted but u ensured the quality didn't suffer then u get the group assessment which u don't have to really prepare for as u get everything given to u in their just make sure u engage n discuss with everyone
Original post by raheel_39
Had mine today u need to research a case study which they will ask u about apart from that all the questions start give me an example of a time u handled leadership or had to complete a certain piece of work which was time restricted but u ensured the quality didn't suffer then u get the group assessment which u don't have to really prepare for as u get everything given to u in their just make sure u engage n discuss with everyone

Hi thanks for the insight.
I hope you got through.
Original post by Dilzz
Ahh okay. Did they ask you any questions in terms of what was on the supplementary application form? And, do you think the questions asked in the interview will be along the same lines for both Reading and Nottingham ... because you applied at Nottingham right?

Also, what normally is the pass mark for the numerical reasoning tests..and how many questions are there exactly/time limit you have to do them within? Atm I'm practicing the SHL ones.

May I ask how you're getting the SHL tests? Anything that I have tried has on their website had just lead me to 'general tests' which aren't the right sort of thing

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by raheel_39

How did you prepare for the maths test?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Yh I made it through! And I went onto the assessment day website and paid for the numerical and verbal reasoning tests around £20. Then I went through each test there were about 20 if u keep practicing u will get better when I first started I was getting around 7/8 questions right and after practice started getting around 13/14 right however the thing to remember is that u don't need to finish the test u should aim To attempt around 15 questions n get around 12/13 correct

Latest

Trending

Trending