The Student Room Group

English GCSE Controlled Assessments?

Just to state, I'm with the AQA exam board. So basically what happened was that in middle of one my controlled assessments, I stupidly (regret it to this day) wrote the word "Arse" in the middle my paper. And it eats me up inside whether I would be able to re-sit it before the paper is sent off to the exam board, because i am certain that the exam board will fail that paper (if they don't then that will be fantastic). I'm currently at B in my English, I do not want that to drop to a C!!!
Hi there,

While you're waiting for an answer, did you know we have 300,000 study resources that could answer your question in TSR's Learn together section?

We have everything from Teacher Marked Essays to Mindmaps and Quizzes to help you with your work. Take a look around.

If you're stuck on how to get started, try creating some resources. It's free to do and can help breakdown tough topics into manageable chunks. Get creating now.

Thanks!

Not sure what all of this is about? Head here to find out more.
Original post by MattLong
Just to state, I'm with the AQA exam board. So basically what happened was that in middle of one my controlled assessments, I stupidly (regret it to this day) wrote the word "Arse" in the middle my paper. And it eats me up inside whether I would be able to re-sit it before the paper is sent off to the exam board, because i am certain that the exam board will fail that paper (if they don't then that will be fantastic). I'm currently at B in my English, I do not want that to drop to a C!!!

Oh don't worry about it mate they don't mind you know that they only take a small sample probz 5/160 in a year group for moderation. Also if your teacher tells you urs is in for moderation tell them you wrote it because they have them in a folder and can easily modify it.

Also btw you can actually retake it because i was able to with any of my controlled assessments just ask if its that bad ur safe XD While on the other hand if this was a exam paper they proably wouldn't mind anyways :smile:

Oh by the way im at college at the moment so knopw all this controlled assessment stuff in the past :P
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 3
Original post by ChocoholicCox
Oh don't worry about it mate they don't mind you know that they only take a small sample probz 5/160 in a year group for moderation. Also if your teacher tells you urs is in for moderation tell them you wrote it because they have them in a folder and can easily modify it.

Also btw you can actually retake it because i was able to with any of my controlled assessments just ask if its that bad ur safe XD While on the other hand if this was a exam paper they proably wouldn't mind anyways :smile:

Oh by the way im at college at the moment so knopw all this controlled assessment stuff in the past :P

cheers mate, its really calmed me down. I've been so worried about this over the last few weeks; not knowing whether the teacher had seen it or not, and worrying about what she would say once she did know
Original post by MattLong
cheers mate, its really calmed me down. I've been so worried about this over the last few weeks; not knowing whether the teacher had seen it or not, and worrying about what she would say once she did know

Thats good theres no need of worrying :smile:, even if ur teacher sees it they won't mind end of the day you can always change it if you ask/they ask you to since they always keep it in a folder XD

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending