Not yet. Still waiting. Same course
Learning at Imperial College London
Imperial College London
London
Reply 21
Hi. When did you get the offer?
Reply 22
Original post by gingerberry
Hi everyone! Just received an offer a week after my interview to study Msci chemistry at Imperial (A*AA) I am so excited! The past week was so awful, as I didn't know how long I would have to wait to hear back from them, but I am pleased that they replied so quickly! I know that it is still early in the admissions cycle as it is only November, but when people get offers from Imperial, then maybe we could use this thread to chat to each other :smile: (not just chemistry, but all other courses too)
Looking forward to meeting you all next October (I still haven't heard back from all of my other unis yet, but Imperial was my first choice anyway, so when I hear from other unis then I know that I will choose Imperial as it is so amazing, and it will also be my highest offer as I need A*AA, whereas for my other unis I would only need AAA/AAB)

Just got an offer for the MSci Physics course at Imperial!! The offer is:
A*A*A where maths has to be an A* and physics can be either A or A*
good luck to everyone still waiting
Reply 23
Original post by TeslaCoil
Just got an offer for the MSci Physics course at Imperial!! The offer is:
A*A*A where maths has to be an A* and physics can be either A or A*
good luck to everyone still waiting

When was your interview?
Original post by Iamet
When did u hand in ur application?

Ages ago. Mid October I think.

Posted from TSR Mobile
I just got a conditional offer for Maths from Imperial. A*A*A and grade 2 in STEP II or III with A*s in Maths and FM, A in Physics.
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 26
The Wednesday 4 weeks ago
Reply 27
Original post by ohkowk
When was your interview?

It was about 4 weeks ago, 29th October :smile:
Original post by gingerberry
Hi everyone! Just received an offer a week after my interview to study Msci chemistry at Imperial (A*AA) I am so excited! The past week was so awful, as I didn't know how long I would have to wait to hear back from them, but I am pleased that they replied so quickly! I know that it is still early in the admissions cycle as it is only November, but when people get offers from Imperial, then maybe we could use this thread to chat to each other :smile: (not just chemistry, but all other courses too)
Looking forward to meeting you all next October (I still haven't heard back from all of my other unis yet, but Imperial was my first choice anyway, so when I hear from other unis then I know that I will choose Imperial as it is so amazing, and it will also be my highest offer as I need A*AA, whereas for my other unis I would only need AAA/AAB)

I have a Chem offer too, AAA :smile: It'll be probably be my firm or insurance, depending on what Cambridge thinks of me!
Reply 29
Original post by SherlockHolmes
I just got a conditional offer from Imperial. A*A*A and grade 2 in STEP II or III with A*s in Maths and FM, A in Physics.

Cong!!! You apply for math?
Original post by yxcai
Cong!!! You apply for math?

Thanks. Yes for Maths. I probably should have said!
Reply 31
Original post by x-Sophie-x
Hiya, I've an offer for MEng Chemical Engineering (A*A*AA) :h:

Congratulations !!! Did you do STEP or Further Maths? I have A* for A level Maths, a for As bio, a for As chem, applying for Biomedical Engineering and havent heard anything yet. I'm doing whole A level physics this year so probably they think that isnt a good thing or my maths isnt strong enough?
Original post by nhaimi159
Congratulations !!! Did you do STEP or Further Maths? I have A* for A level Maths, a for As bio, a for As chem, applying for Biomedical Engineering and havent heard anything yet. I'm doing whole A level physics this year so probably they think that isnt a good thing or my maths isnt strong enough?

Thank you :biggrin:
No I didn't do either of them so it's surprising I have an offer xD
Reply 33
Thank you :biggrin:
No I didn't do either of them so it's surprising I have an offer xD

Wow, then you probably have either an excellent ps or glowing references or top notch grades or all of the above hehe :cool: . May I ask what you got for as?
Reply 34
Thanks. Yes for Maths. I probably should have said!

Really well done. Do you think they specified STEP because your AS grades were below average?
Original post by Titus20
Really well done. Do you think they specified STEP because your AS grades were below average?

Thanks.

I not too sure to be honest. Yes it could be because my AS grades were average or maybe my MAT was borderline?

I'm really not happy about the STEP requirement to meet the offer. A grade 2 in any STEP paper would be partly understandable if I was borderline, but to specify STEP II or III I think is too difficult of an offer to meet as I have had to take the MAT as well.
Original post by nhaimi159
Wow, then you probably have either an excellent ps or glowing references or top notch grades or all of the above hehe :cool: . May I ask what you got for as?

Haha, my application wasn't amazing, it was pretty standard :tongue:
I got AAAAA (the last A was in Spanish which I took 2 years ago so it's a direct part of the offer)
Reply 37
Thanks.

I not too sure to be honest. Yes it could be because my AS grades were average or maybe my MAT was borderline?

I'm really not happy about the STEP requirement to meet the offer. A grade 2 in any STEP paper would be partly understandable if I was borderline, but to specify STEP II or III I think is too difficult of an offer to meet as I have had to take the MAT as well.

I thought maybe you'd be told to do the STEP because maybe you hadn't sat the MAT but then I saw that you had, so I was surprised.

If I remember correctly, they usually only want applicants to sit STEP if they didn't sit MAT. For some reason you've been given an exceptionally hard offer to meet. I really wish you all the best though.

Btw, were you at Bath's open day yesterday?
Original post by Titus20
I thought maybe you'd be told to do the STEP because maybe you hadn't sat the MAT but then I saw that you had, so I was surprised.

If I remember correctly, they usually only want applicants to sit STEP if they didn't sit MAT. For some reason you've been given an exceptionally hard offer to meet. I really wish you all the best though.

Btw, were you at Bath's open day yesterday?

Thanks.

No I was not at the Bath open day yesterday. I was given an invite but decided not to go. However, I will be going to the UCL open day tomorrow.
Reply 39
Haha, my application wasn't amazing, it was pretty standard :tongue:
I got AAAAA (the last A was in Spanish which I took 2 years ago so it's a direct part of the offer)

Oh men, that's some amazing marks over there :colondollar:

Latest

Trending

Trending