Computing: A
Economics: A
Geography: A
Maths: C

I dropped Maths, but the breakdown at AS was:
C1: A
C2: D
S1: B

The A and B were quite low, so I need an A in C2 to get an A overall.

I'm being offered the chance to resit it, should I take it? The only obvious negative is that, that I will have to go to the 3-5 extra lessons each week at school, while it is being taught. The Uni's I am applying to do not require an extra AS, or need Maths for the course. Can anyone give any insight as to what would be the best option?
In my opinion-you should not re-sit; because you already got 3 good grades in your other a levels and it is better to concentrate on them 3 and use the time to study on computing, economic and geog rather than maths. C is not bad for maths! Dont re-sit!!!! haha Good luck anyway whatever you decide :smile:
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 2
Depends on what subject you want to study at university, if it is one where Maths is quite crucial - retake. If not, then I guess you wouldn't have to, although, if it's only just C2 I would me more inclined to do so, especially since it could shift my grade up by 1 or even 2.
Original post by Livaren
My subjects last year and AS grades were as follows:

I'm being offered the chance to resit it, should I take it? The only obvious negative is that, that I will have to go to the 3-5 extra lessons each week at school, while it is being taught. The Uni's I am applying to do not require an extra AS, or need Maths for the course. Can anyone give any insight as to what would be the best option?

If you're tailoring to your uni specifications resitting it would be pointless. On the other hand, you could resit it for personal satisfaction although there's the trade of with time.
Original post by Livaren
My subjects last year and AS grades were as follows:

A2 is much harder compared to As,so it would be wise to get a good grade in As.But,you did pretty well in your other three.Depends on your uni choice....
Reply 5
My Uni courses are economics + politics, maths is not a requirement for any of them, nor is a fourth AS.

My main reason to do it was personal satisfaction, although as you guys say there is a trade off with time, which is scarce since I'm doing another 3 demanding a levels, I think I am inclined to not do it, just need reassurance it is the right option :frown:
Reply 6
Original post by Livaren
My Uni courses are economics + politics, maths is not a requirement for any of them, nor is a fourth AS.

My main reason to do it was personal satisfaction, although as you guys say there is a trade off with time, which is scarce since I'm doing another 3 demanding a levels, I think I am inclined to not do it, just need reassurance it is the right option :frown:

That's a BA right? Regardless of requirement or not, Maths is extremely beneficial to an Economics degree. I've applied for Bsc Economics, you can see how much unis value students with a strong maths profile, because some of them lower the entry requirements for people who have maths A level. I would retake it, but again, you're the only one who understands your own capacity. Just don't make a decision you'll regret

Quick Reply

Latest