The Student Room Group

What milk do you drink?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
I'm put off from the whole concept of how it comes out the rear end of the cow and such. I haven't had anything with calcium in it for weeks now (used to drink protein shakes during the summer), it's really hard to keep my mind off that, and sort of the same with eating meat, so i'm sort of going vegetarian but not completely.
Semi skimmed, being diabetic makes us sensitive to sugar.
Green top or almond milk.
Reply 43
Full fat. I used to drink semi-skimmed until a bottle of full-fat appeared in the fridge as a substitution, and I haven't been able to convince myself to go back. It tastes so much better, and there's not that much more fat... at least thats what I tell myself. :biggrin:
Reply 44
Blue top, full fat. Sometimes to treat myself I'll get gold top, milk from Jersey which is creamy and has a higher fat percentage. Not nice with cereal but good for drinking.
Original post by nmr1991
I'm put off from the whole concept of how it comes out the rear end of the cow and such. I haven't had anything with calcium in it for weeks now (used to drink protein shakes during the summer), it's really hard to keep my mind off that, and sort of the same with eating meat, so i'm sort of going vegetarian but not completely.

Mate you might want to revisit some of your earlier biology lessons...
Reply 46
Semi-skimmed is what I grew up with and I still buy the same thing. I only ever buy full fat when there is no more semi-skimmed but I will NEVER EVER buy skimmed, it taste like they watered down milk. Never tried UHT milk though.
I mainly use semi skimmed milk for cereal, tea etc, can't actually drink it out of a glass unless it is chocolate milk. I sometimes have soya milk but mainly just to drink it rather than use it for cereal or tea etc
Reply 48
some random thread
Reply 49
Got to be semi-skimmed. My family uses full fat if we're making a cheese sauce for macaroni etc but for anything else it's green top. My auntie drinks the red top stuff and it's awful, like water!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 50
I use soy milk for cereals but when it comes to drinking or using it for tea then it's always full fat milk.
My mom would always buy full fat milk for some reason.
But personally I can't tell the difference and opt for semi skimmed which is a bit healthier.
Reply 52
I always go for skimmed. Though I do like a glass of full fat every now and then. But I drink a lot of milk so skimmed seems like the best of the three :K:
Reply 53
My family have never been big milk drinkers...we just add it to tea and cereal. Always had semi skimmed growing up and a couple of years ago I convinced my dad to switch to skimmed, so we usually only have that or the orange 1% fat one.
My mum had us kids drink full-fat as children and then eased us off it when we got older. I hate skimmed because it tastes like mildly-sour water but I think semi-skimmed is a fine balance between refreshing and creamy. I don't *mind* full-fat milk, but it's just a little too thick and fattening for the gallon-loads I drink on a weekly basis.

We don't get farmer's bottled, we pick it up at Tesco :biggrin:
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by nmr1991

The udders are not the 'rear end' of a cow. That's like saying a woman's b00behz are her ass?

It produces tasty white stuff. Quit'cho complainin'!
breast? :smile:
Reply 57
I drink Malk. Now with Vitamin R.

When malk is not available, I drink semi-skinned
Reply 58
Orange top 1% :wink:

Failing that, usually skimmed. I get enough fat from other sources i.e meat and nuts.
Reply 59
Skimmed is the only one that I can drink, with the others I feel like I'm just drinking cream

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest