The Student Room Group

What milk do you drink?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by syrettd

My mum is type 1 and she makes a face if she's offered anything but full fat milk. Then again she's extremely strict on having diet drinks (never had non diet until I was a teenager because she didn't buy something she couldn't drink) and chocolate bars, whereas other diabetics I know are allowed these, so maybe full fat milk is her one concession.

Yes, there are things diabetics can't cut out, especially if its something you been brought up with. When I were a kid I used to drink full coke, but when I got diagnosed I got switched onto diet and I know I cringe at full coke, but I do love having slushi. Technically, you can have whatever you want, but the trick is moderation and to make sure you correct for it.
Reply 81
Original post by Sphodromantis
Yes, there are things diabetics can't cut out, especially if its something you been brought up with. When I were a kid I used to drink full coke, but when I got diagnosed I got switched onto diet and I know I cringe at full coke, but I do love having slushi. Technically, you can have whatever you want, but the trick is moderation and to make sure you correct for it.

My mum stared at my friend in shock when, just after he got diagnosed, he was drinking full coke. He was told it was fine. My mum says she's not able to. Moderation is definitely the key for it, and she's very good at getting everything right (after over 25 years, you'd expect her to be!). Only thing I've ever seen her want that she says she's definitely not allowed is honey. She gets all nostalgic when she talks about honey.
Reply 82
Original post by syrettd
I'd have thought an alpha brah such as yourself would go for:

[video="youtube;I7NnyYKbGx4"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I7NnyYKbGx4[/video]

Never heard that version before, alpha as fuarkkkk tho :biggrin: +repped, cheers sis :cool:
Reply 83
FULL FAT

all bout dem gainz son
Original post by syrettd
I don't think it was this, I remember them being very serious about it. Or maybe I'm wrong. I'm gonna watch that episode and see :tongue:

/QUOTE]

Let me know if it is, that episode was funny as hell.
semi-skimmed
Reply 86
Original post by tehforum
FULL FAT

all bout dem gainz son

Bustin' all kinds of nuts inside that milk, deep inside... :sexface:
Green top all the way
Reply 88
Original post by NaomiMG
Full fat- I've drunk it since I was a kid and anything else tastes too bland for me :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Do you like your furry arteries then?
Reply 89
Green :smile:
Reply 90
Whatever's in the fridge tbh
Reply 91
Almond. :getmecoat:
Reply 92
da green 1
Reply 93
Skimmed - dont like the richness/taste of cream in full fat, plus less calories and higher calcium than semi skimmed.

I also love hazelnut or almond milk. Mums a vegan (I generally avoid dairy), even more calcium, less calories, more protein and less sugar, and it tastes awesome.
Original post by A-Dog
Do you like your furry arteries then?

Yep
:smile: can't have arteries being anything else
Breast milk.
Reply 96
Semi-skimmed.
Almond milk, if I can, but my parents usually buy semi-skimmed so I just drink that.
Semi skimmed. Used to drink goats milk at uni.
Soy and almond.

Quick Reply

Latest