The Student Room Group
Students at work
University of Salford
Salford
Visit website

Changing course at Salford

Hi all, I'm in a bit of a situation.

I have a place to start nursing in March 2014. After doing a lot of thinking and soul searching and I've come to the conclusion it really isn't the course for me. I pressured myself into thinking it was the right course for me as I've been working as a healthcare assistant for the past 3 years and it seemed like the most logical step to take.

I'm not passionate about it and 3 years of doing something I'd don't really love is looking very very daunting.

I really really like the University of Salford and would love to do the Journalism and English course there. Does anyone know how I would go about transferring in?

I know it's awkward because my nursing course starts in March. Should I email them and ask?

Sorry for the long question I'm irish and our system over here is very different! Any help greatly appreciated.

thanks so much. :confused:
Original post by NessaB
Hi all, I'm in a bit of a situation.

I have a place to start nursing in March 2014. After doing a lot of thinking and soul searching and I've come to the conclusion it really isn't the course for me. I pressured myself into thinking it was the right course for me as I've been working as a healthcare assistant for the past 3 years and it seemed like the most logical step to take.

I'm not passionate about it and 3 years of doing something I'd don't really love is looking very very daunting.

I really really like the University of Salford and would love to do the Journalism and English course there. Does anyone know how I would go about transferring in?

I know it's awkward because my nursing course starts in March. Should I email them and ask?

Sorry for the long question I'm irish and our system over here is very different! Any help greatly appreciated.

thanks so much. :confused:

Hi NessaB,

The best way for us to look into this for you is to give us a phone call on 0161 295 4545 and select the Applications option.

Hope this helps,
Amy
Students at work
University of Salford
Salford
Visit website
Reply 2
Original post by Amy, University of Salford
Hi NessaB,

The best way for us to look into this for you is to give us a phone call on 0161 295 4545 and select the Applications option.

Hope this helps,
Amy

Thanks, I am too in the same situation but im already on the course!
Am I stuck or do you think I can move to a similar course there.
Thanks
Original post by HPolaris
Thanks, I am too in the same situation but im already on the course!
Am I stuck or do you think I can move to a similar course there.
Thanks

Hi Hpolaris,

If you are already on a course and want to change you will need to contact your School. Contact details for each School can be found here: http://www.salford.ac.uk/about-us/corporate-information/university-structure/schools-and-colleges

Thanks,
Amy
Reply 4
I am at a different university
Reply 5
Just think though you will have a good opportunity with a nursing degree to work your way up in the department of Health (officey side of things) doing stuff like teaching or training health care assistants, looking for improvements in the NHS, writing reports/articles/health care leaflets... and probably loads of other things too! x

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending