The Student Room Group

Law

HI! I'm taking Law, English Literature and Accounting for Cambridge A Level. The lecturer for Law paper 1 & 2 is horrible been with her for a month and I still don't know what English Legal System is supposed to be about. Contract and Tort seems easier to understand but he has given an assignment, he asked us to 'find a book and read' on i) Part payment of a debt and ii) Promissory estoppel. So I was just wondering do they have a book just on that specified topic? Oh, the library or the librarian aren't much of a help.
meera
HI! I'm taking Law, English Literature and Accounting for Cambridge A Level. The lecturer for Law paper 1 & 2 is horrible been with her for a month and I still don't know what English Legal System is supposed to be about. Contract and Tort seems easier to understand but he has given an assignment, he asked us to 'find a book and read' on i) Part payment of a debt and ii) Promissory estoppel. So I was just wondering do they have a book just on that specified topic? Oh, the library or the librarian aren't much of a help.

Go to Waterstones if a half decent local library isn't in your reach.
Reply 2
bono
Go to Waterstones if a half decent local library isn't in your reach.

you like waterstones dont u bono :smile:
TheWolf
you like waterstones dont u bono :smile:

For buying books and revision guides, yes. :smile:

There's also a cafe inside the store as well, so it's not quite as mundane as some other book stores. :tongue:
Reply 4
Try Understanding Contract Law by Adams and Brownsword
or
Contract Law by McKendrick but check them first to check they've got everything you want in they have most of the topics in.
or if you only need a brief explanation try Nutshells on contract its brief but pretty good for contract you can buy them quite cheaply really cheaply on amazon marketplace
These websites will also be useful
http://www.lawteacher.net/contract.htm
http://www.historylearningsite.co.uk/british_constitution.htm
Reply 5
meera

hey meera! Don't worry about too much research yet......promissory estoppel especially is a very complex topic.....i find it difficult even though im a law university student!!! Think though mckendrick is quite a good book and explains the concepts well....! If you need any help with your essay just email or pm me and id be happy to help!

Rahul

Latest

Trending

Trending