The Student Room Group

Why do people always see the bad and not the good things in there life?

As the title says why is this? I am bored hence this thread.
There's not much good in this life. Doesn't mean we shouldn't be grateful.
Reply 2
Not all people view things that way, I strongly stick by the saying that ''every cloud has silver lining'' because pretty much every bad thing that has happened to me has either motivated me or made me stronger. I always look on the bright side of life; which is sadly only really my studies at the moment but at least I'm communicating with people as well and I've got my own set of diverse interests to keep me entertained. It varies from person to person.
Because we feel more pain from the bad things, than pleasure from the good things.
Reply 4
Original post by RandomBloke.
Guys, I'm afraid that Nelson Mandela, has passed away. RIP.

I understand I seen it on BBC about 30 mins ago so I know. Such a shame.
Because we're ungrateful creatures
Reply 7
People always take the good for granted and try too hard to be a perfectionist so the bad things always stand out like a sore thumb.
I've learned to see the positives in everything, like ex breaking up = new start with someone else and new opportunities.

Nelson Mandela dying = see just how much of an impact he's had on the world and will impact even after his death.

Etceteraaaaah etceteraaaaah
Because life has a tendency to bring more pain than happiness so we quickly learn to expect pain in many situations. When we idealise and hope for happiness, the voice at the back our heads and people tell us to "be realistic", implying not to get our hopes up.
because sometimes the bad outweighs the good

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 11
Original post by Robbie242
Not all people view things that way, I strongly stick by the saying that ''every cloud has silver lining'' because pretty much every bad thing that has happened to me has either motivated me or made me stronger. I always look on the bright side of life; which is sadly only really my studies at the moment but at least I'm communicating with people as well and I've got my own set of diverse interests to keep me entertained. It varies from person to person.

It really does, I ask this because my friend was complaining about her life the other day but I thought your life isn't actually all that bad cause at least you are alive and you have a promising future.

I can be a bit of both though i am changing my ways, but the every cloud thing is true I also think everything happens for a reason and that stressing and questioning is not going to help because you are hardly going to get a answer. :smile:
Some people are very negative people no matter what happens good or bad they seem to put a downer on it. Not everyone of cause but a few of my friends are like that.
Reply 13
Original post by CaptainDudeson
Because we feel more pain from the bad things, than pleasure from the good things.

You may actually be correct there :-)
Reply 14
Because it's easier. Humans have a natural tendency to moan and complain and b***h about every bad thing in their life. And I guess the pressures of today's society just makes you narrow minded, with tunnel vision - it takes too much effort to look at the bigger picture and be grateful to be alive and of the things that are good. Hope that answers your question, OP.
But I don't think like that - things happen for a reason, whether they be good or bad. They should all be accepted and not taken for granted :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 15
Original post by lou 22
It really does, I ask this because my friend was complaining about her life the other day but I thought your life isn't actually all that bad cause at least you are alive and you have a promising future.

I can be a bit of both though i am changing my ways, but the every cloud thing is true I also think everything happens for a reason and that stressing and questioning is not going to help because you are hardly going to get a answer. :smile:

Yeah exactly :smile: Long term things are more important that short term hiccups.

Yeah I agree wholeheartedly, I used to be a depressing person in years 9 and 10 but things changed and now I'm more positive on the whole.
Reply 16
Original post by Robbie242
Yeah exactly :smile: Long term things are more important that short term hiccups.

Yeah I agree wholeheartedly, I used to be a depressing person in years 9 and 10 but things changed and now I'm more positive on the whole.

Exactly Robbie242 thumbs↑.

:smile: change is a good thing and school is depressing for most teens glad I am done with it 4years since I left that ****hole lmao.
Reply 17
Original post by Willum Infanta
I've learned to see the positives in everything, like ex breaking up = new start with someone else and new opportunities.

Nelson Mandela dying = see just how much of an impact he's had on the world and will impact even after his death.

Etceteraaaaah etceteraaaaah

Good way of thinking :smile:.
Reply 18
Original post by lou 22
As the title says why is this? I am bored hence this thread.

I don't know, sometimes people get screwed over

Quick Reply

Latest