The Student Room Group

David Cameron excludes eurosceptics from all EU renegotiations

Does Cameron really think British people are that stupid and will believe he intends to get serious reform from the EU and wants to leave if he doesn't get reform. He could have at least kept up the facade of wanting to get reform or leave until the election

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/europe/10506160/David-Cameron-angers-Tory-Right-by-leaving-Britains-EU-renegotiations-to-the-Foreign-Office.html

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2521228/Cameron-angers-Eurosceptics-putting-pro-EU-team-charge-clawing-powers-Brussels.html
Reply 1
Leaving foreign affairs to the foreign office. Scandalous
Reply 2
Original post by Aj12
Leaving foreign affairs to the foreign office. Scandalous

but he could send whatever team he wanted do you not thing a Tory eurosceptic (at least 1) should be included to represent Brits who want to leave (which is a majority).
Reply 3
Original post by Ace123
but he could send whatever team he wanted do you not thing a Tory eurosceptic (at least 1) should be included to represent Brits who want to leave (which is a majority).

Are the Brits that want to leave a majority? I struggle to believe that.
Reply 4
Original post by Ace123

I think it makes far more sense for him to use the foreign office for something like this than a separate task group created just for this purpose.

I dont think hes under any obligation to send euroskeptic MPs. If people dont like what hes doing they can vote for a different party at the next election.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 5
Original post by Ace123
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/politics/10503178/Migrants-cost-up-to-8k-each-in-NHS-care-schools-and-welfare.html

Based on official Home Office figures each immigrant costs up to £8,350 a year on these services. To pay this into the system each immigrant would need to earn around £45-50,000 a year. Given this includes children and elderly and the fact 600,000 EU immigrants do not work the average would need to be even more.

A massive drain on our resources

'every' and 'up to' are mutually exclusive terms....

Which do you mean?

Edit
Also, they'd need to earn £35,000 to pay for it just out of their income tax and NI payments. Of course they'll pay other tax (assuming they buy anything VAT rated) so that can probably come down to around £25-30k, and the employer will pay NI so that'll take it to more like £24-£27k. Also ignoring the tax from their economic benefit (ie the business employing them will make money from them which is taxed...

Every migrant earns up to £2.5m anyway so its clearly covered...
Reply 6
Original post by Wattsy
Are the Brits that want to leave a majority? I struggle to believe that.

why do you think they are so scared of giving a referendum I have no doubt Brits will vote to leave and if Scotland go independent I have no question whatsoever the outcome will be to leave
Reply 7
Original post by Aj12
I think it makes far more sense for him to use the foreign office for something like this than a separate task group created just for this purpose.

I dont think hes under any obligation to send euroskeptic MPs. If people dont like what hes doing they can vote for a different party at the next election.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I do think he should have a range of views and to exclude the eurosceptics is ridiculous when a Pro EU team firstly are not really representing his core vote as most Tories definitely favour EU exit and secondly they will not get reforms eurosceptics want.

But saying that it will only damage Cameron further so can't complain
Reply 8
Original post by Ace123
why do you think they are so scared of giving a referendum I have no doubt Brits will vote to leave and if Scotland go independent I have no question whatsoever the outcome will be to leave

I'd be scared of the potential impact of leaving regardless of the chance!

I don't give a monkeys about your lack of doubt, find me a poll or something. You make assertions and you have to be prepared to adduce evidence supporting those assertions.
Reply 9
Original post by Ace123
I do think he should have a range of views and to exclude the eurosceptics is ridiculous when a Pro EU team firstly are not really representing his core vote as most Tories definitely favour EU exit and secondly they will not get reforms eurosceptics want.

But saying that it will only damage Cameron further so can't complain

He is PM so its his choice to make. If he wants to ignore what you see as the majority view of his party then that is his choice. It is also one he will likely be vindicated on.
Reply 10
Original post by Wattsy
I'd be scared of the potential impact of leaving regardless of the chance!

I don't give a monkeys about your lack of doubt, find me a poll or something. You make assertions and you have to be prepared to adduce evidence supporting those assertions.

Wiki have collected alot of polls on EU exit in the UK- http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_Kingdom_withdrawal_from_the_European_Union#Other_opinion_polling_on_withdrawal

Almost all of them show support to leave with. Only 1 poll out of 31 showed people wanted to leave. 29 out of 31 showed support to leave and that is the UK as a whole. Scotland is the only pro EU region so if they go independent there will be even more support for exit yet Cameron refuses to give eurosceptics an opinion on an important matter
Reply 11
Original post by Ace123
Wiki have collected alot of polls on EU exit in the UK- http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_Kingdom_withdrawal_from_the_European_Union#Other_opinion_polling_on_withdrawal

Almost all of them show support to leave with. Only 1 poll out of 31 showed people wanted to leave. 29 out of 31 showed support to leave and that is the UK as a whole. Scotland is the only pro EU region so if they go independent there will be even more support for exit yet Cameron refuses to give eurosceptics an opinion on an important matter

Fair bit of unsure out there that could easily tip any balance. I would't be so confident that the country would leave since a referendum would see a large scale pro campaign
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 12
Cameron is absolutely right to send a Foreign Office mission on what is an issue of foreign affairs, i don't give a crap if it weakens the Euro-skeptic agenda given that plenty of them could not be trusted to negotiate anyway having seen how many times they have betrayed the government. I have full confidence in Hague to conduct a satisfactory set of negotiations.

As for those polls the fact that in a largely Euro-skeptic media environment the 'Out' vote is still below 50% is what makes me think that not only will the 'In' side win, but we will win big once the campaign gets under way.
Reply 13
I think it makes sense to exclude eurosceptics from the negotiations. If they want to leave the EU entirely, what is there for them to negotiate? What they'd probably end up doing is just sabotaging the negotiations to weaken the pro-EU side.

They get their say by campaigning for leaving the EU.
David Cameron is a member of the synagogue of Satan, look up his ancestry and ancestry of most of our fraud crypto politicians. As they are very much a race, why are they in our demographic why are we ruled by a minority? same in America with Jew congress, Jew senate. It's no wonder then we have mass immigration, illegal wars, false flags when you put those people in charge.
Reply 15
Original post by wcivilrights
David Cameron is a member of the synagogue of Satan, look up his ancestry and ancestry of most of our fraud crypto politicians. As they are very much a race, why are they in our demographic why are we ruled by a minority? same in America with Jew congress, Jew senate. It's no wonder then we have mass immigration, illegal wars, false flags when you put those people in charge.

Go peddle your Jew-baiting nonsense elsewhere.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending