The Student Room Group

Maintenance loan

Hi, I was searching about student loans and maintenance loans to see what I gotta do and organize my life (financially), but there was one thing I didn't quite understand. Can a person with pre-settled status get a maintenance loan?
Hi there. What is your nationality and how long have you been living in the UK? Have you ever studied previously? Thanks, Leah.
Reply 2
Original post by Leah SLC
Hi there. What is your nationality and how long have you been living in the UK? Have you ever studied previously? Thanks, Leah.
Hi, I'm portuguese and I've been in the Uk and studying for 3 years and 6 months.
Thanks. Are you currently receiving Tuition Fees only from SFE for your course? Thanks, Leah.
Reply 4
Original post by Leah SLC
Thanks. Are you currently receiving Tuition Fees only from SFE for your course? Thanks, Leah.
I haven't started yet, I'll start in September
Original post by NoOneKnowss
I haven't started yet, I'll start in September
Thank you. Are you self funding a course at the moment? What course are you studying? Thanks - David
Reply 6
I'm currently doing A-levels (maths, accounting and Spanish)
I'm currently doing A-levels (maths, accounting and Spanish)
Thank you. Finally, are you working at the moment or do you have a family member who is working in the UK? If you are working, will you continue to work during your studies? Thanks, David.
Reply 8
Original post by David SLC
Thank you. Finally, are you working at the moment or do you have a family member who is working in the UK? If you are working, will you continue to work during your studies? Thanks, David.
I don't work but my guardian's partner does
Hi NoOneKnowss,

If by guardian you mean parent or adoptive parent, they would need to be married to their partner for you to be considered as the step child of a Migrant Worker for you to qualify for the Maintenance Loan.

Otherwise, you will only be eligible for the EU Tuition Fee Loan only.

Thanks, Clare
Original post by SFE Clare
Hi NoOneKnowss,
If by guardian you mean parent or adoptive parent, they would need to be married to their partner for you to be considered as the step child of a Migrant Worker for you to qualify for the Maintenance Loan.
Otherwise, you will only be eligible for the EU Tuition Fee Loan only.
Thanks, Clare
Ok, thank you very much
Ok, thank you very much
You're welcome. If you have any further queries, please let us know. Thanks, Ross

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending