The Student Room Group

scared to get my lip pierced!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by Kaylaleigh
What's that?

I just need to walk in, once I'm in the parlour there's no going back! I just overthink things ha

Well you already have a pierced hole, right. Instead of an earring you can put a lip disc if you are feeling you are up to it.
Reply 21
Original post by mojojojo101
I'm not quite sure why, but whenever someone makes a post about piercing/tattoos a load of idiots come and tell the OP not to do it for some ridiculous reason, if you don't have anything useful to say just pass the thread by.

The best method I know of for reducing the pain of piercings is, in all honesty, just feeling comfortable with your surroundings. I'm pretty lucky in that I am quite good friends with the piercer and tattooists at the shop I go to so I normally spend like 20 mins sat around having a cuppa and a chat before getting down to business.

Yeah, I completely trust the place I'm going to (same place as I got my other lip piercings done) it's just the build up and the clinical-ness of it (which obvs is important for hygiene but adds to nerves!) I think what I really need is someone to come with me, but being home for the holidys, there's no one about :frown:

Original post by Kreme
Well you already have a pierced hole, right. Instead of an earring you can put a lip disc if you are feeling you are up to it.

I don't know what the lip disc is? There's no longer a hole there, just a scar where it once was - it's very much healed over :/
Reply 22
Yeah, I completely trust the place I'm going to (same place as I got my other lip piercings done) it's just the build up and the clinical-ness of it (which obvs is important for hygiene but adds to nerves!) I think what I really need is someone to come with me, but being home for the holidys, there's no one about :frown:

I don't know what the lip disc is? There's no longer a hole there, just a scar where it once was - it's very much healed over :/

In that case it's not worth to do it if it's healed. You can think of lip disc as a big earring that stretches the hole a bit. Like this http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Woman_with_labret_piercing_and_stretched_earlobe.jpg
Reply 23
Original post by Kreme
In that case it's not worth to do it if it's healed. You can think of lip disc as a big earring that stretches the hole a bit. Like this http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Woman_with_labret_piercing_and_stretched_earlobe.jpg

Aha, so like a taper? I wish I had thought of this when it first fell out because I even had a taper set from when I first started to stretch my lobe piercing...
Ah well, just phyching myself up now, gonna (hopefully) get the bus soon and get it over with!
Reply 24
Aha, so like a taper? I wish I had thought of this when it first fell out because I even had a taper set from when I first started to stretch my lobe piercing...<br />
Ah well, just phyching myself up now, gonna (hopefully) get the bus soon and get it over with!
<br />
<br />
Yeah like a taper. As a side note, one of my friends has a small tongue piercing and its funny when he sticks his tongue out. Lol. Anyway good luck.
Reply 25
jesus its not that bad
Reply 26
Original post by AKWxxx
jesus its not that bad

I'm not jesus...
but anyway, what one person finds ok another will not...Just like some people will quite happily go to the dentist while others have panic attacks before going in.

Anyway, I got it done in the end. All I asked for for some help to relax before I went in. Not sure why I got so much negativity.
(edited 10 years ago)
Dont you have anything better to do with your time than troll naste comments online? You are so pathetic.

Quick Reply

Latest