The Student Room Group

The Football League thread II

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Stiff Little Fingers
Why is anymore than 50 dangerous territory - business men have owned football clubs in mass majorities for a long time, in the main to no issues at all.

Posted from TSR Mobile

It is only since the amount of money in football skyrocketed that there has been a problem-the business world in general has become a lot shadier.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Midlander
It is only since the amount of money in football skyrocketed that there has been a problem-the business world in general has become a lot shadier.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Agree. :yy:

Posted from TSR Mobile
A year today bradford went to the league cup final, despite losing we showed our great support. Great memories

Its only a cup who gives a ****
Were super city
and were going up
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by IMBCFC
A year today bradford went to the league cup final, despite losing we showed our great support. Great memories

Its only a cup who gives a f**K
Were super city
and were going up

I thought it was harsh to send your keeper off when the game was basically over anyway.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by IMBCFC

Its only a cup who gives a f**K
Were super city
and were going up

I remember the night you got into the finals.
What a cold, dreadful night. Thing of nightmares.:frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
I thought it was harsh to send your keeper off when the game was basically over anyway.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah it was, unfair. I mean there was no chance we would have got back
Original post by stuffsgrooveyman
I remember the night you got into the finals.
What a cold, dreadful night. Thing of nightmares.:frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah very upsetting but still great day out though, and we really livened the atmosphere. Give the team a lot of credit coming from league two and beating premier league teams including Arsenal.

Who do you support ?
Alas the great Sheffield derby clash in the next round of the cup was not meant to be :frown: probably the easiest FA cup draw we've ever had and we mess up against Charlton of all teams.
Original post by nixonsjellybeans
Alas the great Sheffield derby clash in the next round of the cup was not meant to be :frown: probably the easiest FA cup draw we've ever had and we mess up against Charlton of all teams.

Last time a 3rd tier club got to the semis?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Last time a 3rd tier club got to the semis?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Dunno i've never taken notice of the cup really because we've been destroyed in the first few rounds for the last decade.

Although Bradford made it last year (although not 3rd tier at the time).
Original post by nixonsjellybeans
Dunno i've never taken notice of the cup really because we've been destroyed in the first few rounds for the last decade.

Although Bradford made it last year (although not 3rd tier at the time).

I meant FA Cup :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile
I meant FA Cup :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile

My bad :colondollar:
Original post by IMBCFC
Yeah very upsetting but still great day out though, and we really livened the atmosphere. Give the team a lot of credit coming from league two and beating premier league teams including Arsenal.

Who do you support ?

Arsenal :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

And where are you from? 50 quid says it's not North London.

Disclaimer: I'm not actually waging £50.

Posted from TSR Mobile
And where are you from? 50 quid says it's not North London.

Disclaimer: I'm not actually waging £50.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Lmaaoo you would have gotten your 50 quid...why do you think that? Scotland, although I lived in England for a while..

Posted from TSR Mobile
Lmaaoo you would have gotten your 50 quid...why do you think that? Scotland, although I lived in England for a while..

Posted from TSR Mobile

Generally speaking 99% of people who support these teams are glory hunters.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Generally speaking 99% of people who support these teams are glory hunters.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Glory hunting for Arsenal!?! LMAO. If I was one of THOSE people, I would have chosen City or something. Have you seen our trophy cabinet? Although I believe it's not all about winning trophies but still, yeah, no glory Hunter would support Arsenal tbh.
& I was blessed to be born into a family of Arsenal supporters and grow up with friends who were (most of then) Arsenal supporters.

Not anymore though, one of the 2 people in my year who support the team :/.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Glory hunting for Arsenal!?! LMAO. If I was one of THOSE people, I would have chosen City or something. Have you seen our trophy cabinet? Although I believe it's not all about winning trophies but still, yeah, no glory Hunter would support Arsenal tbh.
& I was blessed to be born into a family of Arsenal supporters and grow up with friends who were (most of then) Arsenal supporters.

Not anymore though, one of the 2 people in my year who support the team :/.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Bahaha, top 4 every year isn't glory hunting? Do me a favour!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Posted from TSR Mobile

Most people would give an arm & a leg to see their team in Arsenals position! Arsenal will never get relegated.

Posted from TSR Mobile

What?! So you want me to stop supporting a team that I have supported my whole life because they are in the 'top four' ?!! I'm not saying top 4 isn't good; it's brilliant. But even if Arsenal were in league 2, I wouldn't give 2 ****s (well I obviously would but you know; I wouldn't stop supporting them). What I'm trying to say is that most people go for the absolute "BEST" teams when glory hunting and from my personal experience, there is no one I know (IRL) that thinks Arsenal are the best. I have mates that constantly make fun of our lack of trophies and argue with me about how **** we are. I agree Arsenal are probably the most if not one of the most successful teams in the EPL and that alone would be a reason for glory hunting (and because of this many people do) but from my point of view, I know many glory hunters and none of them support Arsenal/ have supported Arsenal.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest