The Student Room Group

The Football League thread II

Scroll to see replies

Original post by trustmeimlying1

agreed. hope yee go up

It's a bloody long time coming that's for sure
JPT draw this weekend.

Great win for Coventry at Burton, moving them into second. Vincelot, Murphy and Tudgay were excellent.
Original post by Icecream1
Great win for Coventry at Burton, moving them into second. Vincelot, Murphy and Tudgay were excellent.

Great result indeed but the defence doesn't look half shakey!

Posted from TSR Mobile
That Vincelot goal was hilarious.

Great win for the Sky Blues, though. They missed Armstrong up top, but Tudgay gave them a physical presence and ruffled some Burton feathers. Maddison is a big loss for them, but Lameiras and Murphy were positive today and showed intent and verve going forward.
Original post by Midlander
Great result indeed but the defence doesn't look half shakey!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Burge doesn't fill you with great confidence, the amount of dropped catches....
Original post by Icecream1
Burge doesn't fill you with great confidence, the amount of dropped catches....

He's young and he'll learn well under Ogrizovic, you'd hope.
Original post by Mackay
He's young and he'll learn well under Ogrizovic, you'd hope.

He's 24, not exactly a sprog and makes very fundamental errors. Think a more experienced keeper is needed and Burge should be loaned out.

Posted from TSR Mobile
He's 24, not exactly a sprog and makes very fundamental errors. Think a more experienced keeper is needed and Burge should be loaned out.

Posted from TSR Mobile

The guy's played less than 20 times ffs. He's inexperienced. Give him a chance. He's made some cracking saves during his relatively young career - the stop against Hanson at the Ricoh last season springs to mind.
Original post by Mackay
The guy's played less than 20 times ffs. He's inexperienced. Give him a chance. He's made some cracking saves during his relatively young career - the stop against Hanson at the Ricoh last season springs to mind.

Shot stopping is his trump card but the rest is dodgy for a pro keeper, and I'm not the only one who thinks so. Not writing him off but I'd rather he make mistakes elsewhere and return to us as a finished article.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Shot stopping is his trump card but the rest is dodgy for a pro keeper, and I'm not the only one who thinks so. Not writing him off but I'd rather he make mistakes elsewhere and return to us as a finished article.

Posted from TSR Mobile

You're taking Kent on loan from us lot, apparently.
Original post by Mackay
You're taking Kent on loan from us lot, apparently.

Can we fit an entire county inside the Ricoh?

Posted from TSR Mobile
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/34197370

Most are no surprise, except for Fulham
I wouldn't say that Fulham is a surprise - they're a london club that offer themselves out as a tourist day out.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Fulham's no surprise. They have a reputation as being quite a welcoming club. Putney is a lovely place, too. Craven Cottage is on the river, Al-Fayed was the owner and has links to Harrods and other tourist hot spots, and they are in an affluent area.
Ryan Kent joins for 3 months from Liverpool, more good business from Mowbray.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hopefully Kent does well for you in Maddison's absence, although Lameiras seems to be doing perfectly fine stepping up to the plate.

You should put the final nail in Robins' coffin this weekend.
Original post by Mackay
Hopefully Kent does well for you in Maddison's absence, although Lameiras seems to be doing perfectly fine stepping up to the plate.

You should put the final nail in Robins' coffin this weekend.

Should does not mean will, if Reda fancies getting himself sent off again like he did there last year.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Should does not mean will, if Reda fancies getting himself sent off again like he did there last year.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yes I realise that. Hence why I used that word, and not the one you mentioned.
Christophe Berra always seems to put in an abject performance wearing an orange shirt...

Quick Reply

Latest