The Student Room Group

The Football League thread II

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Mackay
Chris Eagles signs for Bury, and not Coventry. That's a turn up.

Not particularly, they're offering crazy money and he comes from round there.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Midlander
Not particularly, they're offering crazy money and he comes from round there.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Bit of a turn-up considering on Friday he was training with you.
The scariest part about the whole Leeds debacle in the last 48 hours is that I genuinely haven't cared. Just can't find anything to love in the club at the moment and it's horrible. Cellino needs to go.

Steve Evans can win us the champions league and he'll still be some obese, Leeds hating, sweaty prick.
Original post by The Wavefunction
The scariest part about the whole Leeds debacle in the last 48 hours is that I genuinely haven't cared. Just can't find anything to love in the club at the moment and it's horrible. Cellino needs to go.

Steve Evans can win us the champions league and he'll still be some obese, Leeds hating, sweaty prick.

Turn to the great side, support your non league club!
Madine and heskey up top. Sweet.
Original post by Tony_LeaS
Turn to the great side, support your non league club!

I think that would be Merthyr Tydfil who play in the Southern football league, failing that Newport county, although they aren't non league.

I could never give up Leeds, as tempting as it may appear at times.
I've never understood why Merthyr Tydfil and Colwyn Bay aren't playing in the Welsh Premier, they could be getting games in Europe :s-smilie:
Original post by shawn_o1
I've never understood why Merthyr Tydfil and Colwyn Bay aren't playing in the Welsh Premier, they could be getting games in Europe :s-smilie:

Possibly to avoid reaching the WPL glass ceiling? Whilst I can't ever see Merthyr reaching any dizzy heights, at least they can try and work their way up to League football. I have no idea really, but that's just one idea.
Bolton are going down.
Jesus I go away for a few days and Leeds appoint fatty Evans :K:

On a different note whilst away for work I bumped into Joe Cole in a hotel near Warwick :lol: You couldn't make it up really.
Off to the Hamlets U18 side tonight, a win here gets us in the First Round proper for the FA Youth Cup.
Not the win I wanted, but Steve, it's a start. Marching on together.
Cellino will be pleased with his choice of watermelon tonight. A draw at the Cottage isn't bad, especially after going a goal down.
Original post by nixonsjellybeans
Jesus I go away for a few days and Leeds appoint fatty Evans :K:

On a different note whilst away for work I bumped into Joe Cole in a hotel near Warwick :lol: You couldn't make it up really.

He's said he's open to playing here for the rest of the season, suspect he knows he's finished at Villa. Still confused as to why he's with us but also still not complaining.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Our U18s played ****ing briliantly tonight. Great win against higher level opposition, including a beauty of a free kick.

First Round Proper for the Hamlet U18s!
Original post by Mackay
Bolton are going down.

We're only like 7 points off 12th o.O

If you had seen how we are playing you wouldn't say that, because there is no way we should be bottom. If we had pretty much any other team in the leagues striker we'd probably be in the top 6.....
Original post by ..DT..

If you had seen how we are playing you wouldn't say that, because there is no way we should be bottom. If we had pretty much any other team in the leagues striker we'd probably be in the top 6.....

Yeah, but you don't. You have Gary Madine. You let Le Fondre, and Gudjohnsen, go without replacement.

I can't see where the goals will come from to get you out of a scrap.
Original post by ..DT..
We're only like 7 points off 12th o.O

Yeah but the thing is you don't and if you can't put the ball in the net then it's no surprise to be at the wrong end of the table.

Posted from TSR Mobile
And of course Mackay posts the same thing at the same time!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Yeah but the thing is you don't and if you can't put the ball in the net then it's no surprise to be at the wrong end of the table.

Posted from TSR Mobile

This.

And of course Mackay posts the same thing at the same time!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Haha!

How was the other night? Cole play well? Saw some tweet from The Sun saying he'd had a "nightmare" debut, then saw Mowbray's quotes and something from a Sky Blues fan on Twitter saying he'd actually played really well and was clearly trying too hard, in a weird way.

Quick Reply

Latest