The Student Room Group

Harassed teenager stabs girl in the face and beats up another girl for bullying him

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/ryan-walker-harry-potter-attack-3134853

Let this be a warning to pestering chavs everywhere...

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
well they wont be bullying anyone again
Well.. bullying does things to people.
He's 19 and that's how he reacts to being called "Harry Potter"? :lolwut:
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 4
He rightly went to prison but I also have no sympathy for the girls. :dontknow:
Hopefully those girls won't be bullying anyone in future.
Reply 6
They had it coming. You can't know how somebody will react if you push their buttons.

I'm not condoning his gross overreaction by any means (he deserves prison), nor do I condone people attacking women or girls. I'm just saying - they had it coming. No sympathy from me.
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by Ravenous
And? He looks it to me

I'm just shocked that a grown man would react in that way to merely being called "Harry Potter".

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 8
No sympathy for the girls
However I'm glad this one was sent to prison. Unacceptable

A cheeky slap or eff you would even suffice!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 9
Original post by ArsenalObsessed
I'm just shocked that a grown man would react in that way to merely being called "Harry Potter".

Posted from TSR Mobile

Oh fair enough.
there is a man who cant take a joke. he is a danger to society.

probably when he is out he can only find jobs that no one wants to do. he then might do it again.
The girls look a bit like Crabbe and Goyle now...

Still think he overreacted, probably coulda done more harm with words looking at them.
Reply 12
I read the article and find it very hard to sympathise for him. A grown man attacking children like that...in a planned attack...with a knife...

He deserves longer if you ask me. A vicious, horrid little man who (okay we may not know the whole story) blew it out of proportion and went K.O on two children.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 13
No sympathy for either party. Two wrongs don't make a right.
Reply 14
He doesnt deserve prison, he should've been sent to see a psychiatrist and made to do community service.
The attack was provoked by two childish little girls who are bullies. Everyones pointing the finger at him but if the girls hadnt bullied him in the first place the guy wouldnt have exploded like that.

This is from someone who has been bullied and exploded verbally rather than physically. Not everyone has 100% control over their emotions when their existence is being made fun of.
Shouldn't have bothered him. If you go around looking to bully someone older than you, this is what you get.

lol but really doe, if you're going to get stabbed in the face at least insult him with sommat better than harry potter. That's so dry.
Reply 16
Original post by ArsenalObsessed

I'm sure he's probably been bullied most of his life. He'd probably bottled it all up and the girls were unlucky that they happened to be the ones there when he snapped.

I know there isn't really any alternative, but a four year prison sentence isn't going to do anything good for him or anyone.
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by Shazzarr
He doesnt deserve prison, he should've been sent to see a psychiatrist and made to do community service.
The attack was provoked by two childish little girls who are bullies. Everyones pointing the finger at him but if the girls hadnt bullied him in the first place the guy wouldnt have exploded like that.

This is from someone who has been bullied and exploded verbally rather than physically. Not everyone has 100% control over their emotions when their existence is being made fun of.

do you not find your thinking a bit dangerous.

if you live in the us, these things happen daily. if you are too posh and in a less affluent area, people shout something at you. if you are showing too much skin, people shout at you. if you are too good looking, people shout at you. if you have a weird hairdo, people shout at you.

if you are 230lbs un-fit, bolding man, wearing over-sized t-shirt (cause your stomach is xx-large and your shoulder medium), you are fine. as strange as it sounds, thats america.

why would anyone care what 15 years old say or do. why would you care what people you dont even know say or do.
(edited 10 years ago)
I have a feeling he is anxious and has no friends and probably has psychological problems. This also sounds very childish, it's the sort of thing I imagined doing to people at school who annoyed/bullied me (I'm not sure bullied is the right answer, a lot of the time I'm sure it was me being on a different wavelength to them and others I never really knew what to say back to them. Could also have been mood swings which made me imagine this).

But it definitely sounds as if he's a loner and with no social skills. This is how bullies work, they prey on single people but I have no idea of the true extent of them supposedly following him and what they're true intentions were. There's also the ridiculous age gap, but perhaps they know the people who supposedly bullied him at school.

It's really sad really. It's not nice being lonely.
Reply 19
the girls deserved it

the attacker/victim's sentence is correct

the bully's mum is an idiot -

After the sentence, Leah's mum Claire Pearce, said: "The injury has left a scar on Leah's face that will be there for years.

"I don't think the sentence was enough for what he did. He admitted he flipped and it was the final straw.

"I think he is a dangerous man given he flipped like that and attacked the girls.

"I feel sorry for the next person that calls him a name."

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending