The Student Room Group
Waterfront bar, King's College
King's College London
London

English courses at KCL!

Scroll to see replies

Original post by PretzelLogic
Wow that's crazy! but I'm sure the offer is just 'round the corner! :smile:

My situation was a bit weird, where I stayed back a year so I applied with a A in English and B's in History and Maths as full A Levels.
Currently I'm retaking the history paper that knocked my overall grade down to a B, and fast-tracking Classical Civ in which I was predicted an A in to meet the AAA offer.
I know it's a mess hahaha :biggrin:

and thank you!

Oh, that's cool - you did the same subjects I'm doing! I rarely find people who take English, History and Maths for A-level and rightly so.. it's a pretty rubbish combination haha. (I hate maths :frown:) And well done on those grades, ABB is a really decent set of results to get considering they're quite challenging subjects. I wouldn't be surprised if I got the same, although I am really hoping to get A*AB/AAA. Where else did you apply btw? :smile:
Waterfront bar, King's College
King's College London
London
Original post by ArsenalObsessed
Oh, that's cool - you did the same subjects I'm doing! I rarely find people who take English, History and Maths for A-level and rightly so.. it's a pretty rubbish combination haha. (I hate maths :frown:) And well done on those grades, ABB is a really decent set of results to get considering they're quite challenging subjects. I wouldn't be surprised if I got the same, although I am really hoping to get A*AB/AAA. Where else did you apply btw? :smile:

Thanks! :smile: I was predicted to get AAA but a horrible exam season determined otherwise lol I know exactly how you feel! I'ts a an uber varied mix and each subject demands a totally different set of skills so it really demands a lot to take all three on at once! Umm in terms of the other uni's I applied to, they were QMUL, Warwick, Royal Holloway and Exeter CC ... and yourself?
i firmed for english lang and lit yesterday, so excited !! Anyone else firmed for that course? :smile:
Reply 23
Original post by ccall
Hi everyone

I've applied for the English course, as well as the English with Film Studies course at KCL in late November.

I'm still waiting to hear back, but has anyone got any offers/interviews? And how long was it between applying and receiving news from the uni?

:smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

I have an offer for English with Film Studies :smile: If you decide to go for King's, do you think you'll firm English and Film or just straight English? I was there last week for the open day and both courses seemed great, the uni itself seemed amazing as well so I'm pretty sure I'm firming it. I haven't got round to actually putting it down as my firm yet though just because it all seems so final, I guess I probably should soon though :tongue:

Quick Reply

Latest