The Student Room Group

What is the highest mark you have ever got on a test/exam?

Scroll to see replies

92 UMS in Core 2
Reply 21
98 % - C2.
120/120 in gcse german controlled assessment, if that counts?
Reply 23
I always make silly errors in test so I get 99, 98,96,95 a lot but never 100:colondollar:
Reply 24
Full marks in probably 10 A Level papers.
100% in GCSE Philosophy and Ethics
99% in my A2 History exam (Edxcel) and in my A2 Ethics exam for OCR Philosophy of Religion. The highest mark I have received on an essay at uni was 86%.
Reply 27
98 UMS C3 (GCSE chemistry haha, hopefully I can say the same for maths next year :biggrin:)
Original post by Georg Hegel
99% in my A2 History exam (Edxcel) and in my A2 Ethics exam for OCR Philosophy of Religion. The highest mark I have received on an essay at uni was 86%.

Oh my, teach me how to get 99% in unit 3 History! Desperate for the A* :tongue:

Congratulations by the way :h:

Posted from TSR Mobile
100% in 5 whole GCSEs, 7 GCSE science modules, 2 GCSE English Language exams, several GCSE language controlled assessments and the written paper of AS German.
Full UMS in GCSE Biology and Chemistry exams
100% in a few things, including my Research Project :cool:
Have had 100% in a few class tests. Out of the things I've done that actually count towards something, I've done 4 CAs. In 3 English CAs, I got 2 100%s and a 93%. In my German CA I got 100%.
100% in 15 out of 21 of my GCSE exams. And 100% in three quarters of my Alevel maths exams. not that it means anything...still got rejected by oxford, merton for maths lmao

oh and 30/30 in those year 6 spelling tests everytime :colone:
Original post by Lucy96
Oh my, teach me how to get 99% in unit 3 History! Desperate for the A* :tongue:

Congratulations by the way :h:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Basically all I did was make notes on the textbook before each class so I saw the class as revision. If you haven't already started making revision notes do it now. Also, reading around the subject is important. I did Germany from Tsar Wilhelm upto the end of Nazi Germany. For each figure I made a revision card with their biography on, key dates etc. Also, for the historical sources I went on wiki and wrote out facts which would bias their opinion e.g. if they are trained as an economist or if they are an anglophobe etc. I also used lots of different books to make my notes from e.g. Martin Kitchen Europe Between the Wars - I tried to use at least four different sources including my textbook for my notes on each event. Do everything your teacher tells you and do lots of practice essays. When I revised my notes, I used the look, cover, recite, check method. I would memorize a page so I could recite it out loud without mistake and then I would turn to the next and when I recite I would recite from the first page to where I was up to. Also, start to develop your own shorthand - it saves time when you're writing. I started developing a system four years ago and I don't even write 'the' anymore I just write t. Other examples: ep = epistemology, ep'c = epistemic, ep'ly = epistemically. If something ends in 'ness' = 'n, ful = 'f (e.g. mean'f'n but I have a symbol for mean) ing = 'g. It goes on and on but I find symbols help trigger by memory and make it more active.

Good luck!! I was late to my history exam cause I wasn't going to bother, I thought I would fail lol.
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 35
Full UMS on plenty of GCSE exams, and full UMS in all of History and Physics, coursework included... although I know for a fact that at least 2 of the Physics exams were not even particularly close to full raw marks :colondollar:

Oh and 100 UMS on the first Critical Thinking paper... gotta love Critical Thinking! :laugh:
Theres a series of "100% tests" that we have to pass with 100% for first year engineering at my uni, and I've not failed one yet :biggrin: (been 4 so far)
Original post by Georg Hegel
Basically all I did was make notes on the textbook before each class so I saw the class as revision. If you haven't already started making revision notes do it now. Also, reading around the subject is important. I did Germany from Tsar Wilhelm upto the end of Nazi Germany. For each figure I made a revision card with their biography on, key dates etc. Also, for the historical sources I went on wiki and wrote out facts which would bias their opinion e.g. if they are trained as an economist or if they are an anglophobe etc. I also used lots of different books to make my notes from e.g. Martin Kitchen Europe Between the Wars - I tried to use at least four different sources including my textbook for my notes on each event. Do everything your teacher tells you and do lots of practice essays. When I revised my notes, I used the look, cover, recite, check method. I would memorize a page so I could recite it out loud without mistake and then I would turn to the next and when I recite I would recite from the first page to where I was up to.

Good luck!! I was late to my history exam cause I wasn't going to bother, I thought I would fail lol.

Thank you so so much, that's so helpful! I really appreciate it :biggrin: I'm also doing Germany so it's even more helpful :h: no wonder you did so well, you clearly deserved it :redface: :redface:

Thank you :biggrin: no way, that's crazy :lol: what are you studying at university, out of curiosity? :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 38
99% in Higher German (AS level equivalent) preliminary exam. :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending