The Student Room Group

This guy is overwhelming me..

We've been friends since starting uni last year,he asked me out last month and I said no(wasn't that interested and never done anything with guys so basically was a coward) Fast forward to now and after some more flirting/awkward silences/him briefly trying to get with another girl to try and get over me(his words) we are in the early stages of dating ish..I told him I liked him and he apparently still couldn't get over me and still liked me.
Met today to discuss things and clear the air and he ended up telling me he loves me..I'm not near that level yet..i.e he's more invested as he's liked me for longer,I'm only just starting to see him that way.
It overwhelmed me somewhat..we seem to be on an uneven footing and I'm not sure how to proceed.

Also extra question(he's a year younger than me(both first year of uni)..is that weird? It feels weird.

Other than that things could go well.
Reply 1
Bump :smile:
Reply 2
Ok
Just proceed if you want to. If you genuinely don't like him then stop wasting his time and emotional resources and break it off.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Perhaps he doesn't have a vivid history with women? It surely seems that way, especially since he's made such a bold statement with little ground being made towards you. If you refuse him, he'll want the relationship even more. Pray to the lord that another woman comes along and diverts his attention.
Reply 5
Give it time and tell him you just need more time, if you're starting to fall for him, you will eventually fall for him unless something goes horribly wrong
Wait and give it time and see if you do fall for him, you are not obligated to say 'I love you'. Also a years difference isn't weird at all - I hope it works out for you :smile:
If you don't like him them just don't waste each others time. If you lead him on you'll just hurt him
Reply 8
play hard to get

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending