The Student Room Group

A2 SCLY4 Crime and Deviance Sociology Exam June 2014

Hi guys! I posted this thread so that everyone who's sitting their A2 Sociology exam this year can discuss and help each other out.

P.S. does anyone know/want to guess what the probability of a Sociology and Science question coming up in the paper as a 33m is? My teacher said it's highly unlikely and even skipped most of the content...

Scroll to see replies

I dunno about you but I feel so behind out class is doing the same topic for media then c&d then next topic etc so far we finished the age gender enthnicity disability locality for both modules and
For topic 2 we done the relationship between media and audience and for c&d we done Marxist and functionalism so far. Hopefully we start labelling theory after the class test
That's only topic 2 out of 6 and I feel really behind since there's the methods to do Aswell. :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2
Original post by thebrighterstar
Hi guys! I posted this thread so that everyone who's sitting their A2 Sociology exam this year can discuss and help each other out.

P.S. does anyone know/want to guess what the probability of a Sociology and Science question coming up in the paper as a 33m is? My teacher said it's highly unlikely and even skipped most of the content...

Hi babe, im not sure on probability. but i am more or less 100% confident i could get an A if that came up. So feel free to message me and we can help one another revise it?

Im unsure on the contribution to modern society questions. in terms of what way to write it. :/ xx
Hated crime n deviance module haha

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4
Have not even started it yet, is it harder compared to the other modules?
Original post by _shar_shar_
I dunno about you but I feel so behind out class is doing the same topic for media then c&d then next topic etc so far we finished the age gender enthnicity disability locality for both modules and
For topic 2 we done the relationship between media and audience and for c&d we done Marxist and functionalism so far. Hopefully we start labelling theory after the class test
That's only topic 2 out of 6 and I feel really behind since there's the methods to do Aswell. :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile

my class is really behind too!

we've finished sociological theory which is the 33m but my teacher spent five months going through it and only doing activities - not actually teaching.

and we've recently started C&D an she realised how behind we are so started rushing, we started around two weeks ago and we're already on like topic 7 or something.

plus we still have research methods & unit 3 which is mass media which she has never taught, great!

i've started teaching myself basically.. i started from sociological theory because that has the most marks. so everyday i focus on a topic, make a brainstorm of the main points, stick it up on the wall and then do the essay question provided in the A2 book.

i feel your pain on the whole 'extremely behind' thing, but i think it's up to us to do it ourselves because if we fail we get the blame - whether our teachers suck or not.

good luck though, feel free to pm me for anything :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by ConnorMcD

i haven't started unit 3 yet, but compared to AS there's tonnes more detail and theories ugh

so personally, i do find it rather difficult

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 7
Original post by _shar_shar_

Posted from TSR Mobile

Wow

I am self teaching Sociology so may be in a similar boat

I am learning 3 topics from Religon, then 3 from Crime then 3 from methods etc...
A teacher said its the best way since you won't forget everything and your memory is more refreshed!
Reply 8
Original post by ConnorMcD

What have you done then!

Less than 3 months to go!!!!
Reply 9
my class is really behind too!

we've finished sociological theory which is the 33m but my teacher spent five months going through it and only doing activities - not actually teaching.

and we've recently started C&D an she realised how behind we are so started rushing, we started around two weeks ago and we're already on like topic 7 or something.

plus we still have research methods & unit 3 which is mass media which she has never taught, great!

i've started teaching myself basically.. i started from sociological theory because that has the most marks. so everyday i focus on a topic, make a brainstorm of the main points, stick it up on the wall and then do the essay question provided in the A2 book.

i feel your pain on the whole 'extremely behind' thing, but i think it's up to us to do it ourselves because if we fail we get the blame - whether our teachers suck or not.

good luck though, feel free to pm me for anything :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

So trueee

Never rely on teachers tbh.

Also is it safe to miss out topics? Like Marxism came up as the 33 marker and media was the C&D topic....
I doubt they will come up again but its too risky to not learn it LOL
Imagine if AQA were really nasty and put the same topics up again!
Original post by xxvine
So trueee

Never rely on teachers tbh.

Also is it safe to miss out topics? Like Marxism came up as the 33 marker and media was the C&D topic....
I doubt they will come up again but its too risky to not learn it LOL
Imagine if AQA were really nasty and put the same topics up again!

yes! missing out topics is so so so risky especially since you would regret it for the rest of your life if you fail lol

it would be better to remember the key points/main arguments from each topic instead of learning a whole topic and it not coming up, and not knowing the one that does at all.. if that makes sense

Posted from TSR Mobile
What does everyone think will be the questions for crime and deviance?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 12
yes! missing out topics is so so so risky especially since you would regret it for the rest of your life if you fail lol

it would be better to remember the key points/main arguments from each topic instead of learning a whole topic and it not coming up, and not knowing the one that does at all.. if that makes sense

Posted from TSR Mobile

Haha looool
Yeah i am with you! I guess i have to learn all 10 topics:frown:
So much to learn:frown:
Reply 13
Original post by xxvine
What have you done then!

Less than 3 months to go!!!!

Everything but Crime and Deviance

It was a similar situation last year, where we had 10ish weeks to do Education and it worked out fine
Reply 14
LOL speaking of which I am rewriting ALL my notes because my mum accidentally destroyed them, so now in my college rewriting everything. Not going to lie Crime and Deviance is HARD, but I have an amazing teacher and with the notes he gives and provided we re-read them it should be okay!

I'm pretty sure we are more than half way now!
Reply 15
Original post by AnimeCrazy
LOL speaking of which I am rewriting ALL my notes because my mum accidentally destroyed them, so now in my college rewriting everything. Not going to lie Crime and Deviance is HARD, but I have an amazing teacher and with the notes he gives and provided we re-read them it should be okay!

I'm pretty sure we are more than half way now!

Have you done religon yet
Reply 16
Original post by xxvine
Have you done religon yet

Damn thats the thing, half my college does Religion while the other half ie; me and everyone in class does Power and Politics! But I do know my friends that do Religion have finished that.

Anyone do that? (Power and Politics I mean)
Reply 17
Original post by AnimeCrazy
Damn thats the thing, half my college does Religion while the other half ie; me and everyone in class does Power and Politics! But I do know my friends that do Religion have finished that.

Anyone do that? (Power and Politics I mean)

Ahhhhhhh i seeeee..i am doing religon
Reply 18
we're really behind too my teacher spent 5 months on beliefs in society and we have 16 topics left with 11 teaching weeks!! anyone got any good revision tips as the content is so large and i'm struggling to revise it all??
Reply 19
Original post by gpkx
we're really behind too my teacher spent 5 months on beliefs in society and we have 16 topics left with 11 teaching weeks!! anyone got any good revision tips as the content is so large and i'm struggling to revise it all??

lol

tell me about it! seems that teachers are not up to scratch with time lol

Quick Reply

Latest