The Student Room Group

Institute of Education applicants?

Hey there,

Anyone apply to the IOE? I received an offer for their education, gender and international development course, but am still debating whether I'll go.

Anyone else apply? Or have any experience with the IOE? I know that they rank 7th in the world for education studies, but I'm just wondering how many people who aren't in the education field will recognize it. I'm coming from the US so I'm just not familiar...
I applied to two programmes. The first one turned me down (I wasn't even sure if I was eligible for this one), the second one gave me an offer.

They actually rank No 1 in the world now.

No nobody recognises it. It's got really, really good scores in basically everything else, with a higher citation score even than the likes of Oxford. It got dragged down for a barely 50 employers reputation score.

In the academia, IOE is definitely recognised. In British field of education, it's still somewhat known; but out of Britain I very doubt the members of public know about it. Nevertheless, you can always just say University of London which is quite famous world-wide. And they are also supposedly merging with University College London which is very well-known throughout the globe.

If I hadn't got an offer from Oxford, I would have definitely taken up their offer. And I'm still planning to apply to them for my doctorate after this master's from Oxford as it should help me with a career in academia, but an Oxford master's will help me before I can enter the academia.
Reply 2
Hi! Well, IoE being No1 is just wonderful news!!
I got in Comparative Education MA, but I am afraid I will have to take a loan to afford it.
Do you think it is worth it? Or maybe I should take a year off studying, and work to find the money?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending