The Student Room Group

Have I chosen the right a levels? Medicine

Hi, so I'm doing my ASs, and well, I keep thinking that I haven't chosen the right A Levels to get into Medicine..
Biology, Chemistry, Philosophy+Ethics (till AS), Psychology.

I know I'm very close to my ASs, but if it needs to be, I can always take another AS at A2 :smile:
I've done lots of experience/shadowing/volunteer work and have done a few Olympiads and Open Uni courses.. I just hope my A Levels are satisfactory.

Reply 1
Most unis I've looked at for medicine (I'm applying this year) seem to want 3 A levels to include biology and chemistry- which obviously you have so that's cool
From what they put on their entry requirements your a levels seem fine to me

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2
Thank you so much! Yes I've seen that too, I was just making sure.. I just don't want to be at a disadvantage not taking Physics or Maths
Reply 3
Since they don't directly ask for a specific subject for the 3rd a level you shouldn't be at a disadvantage whatever you take- of course I'm not an admissions team so can't be 100% certain xD
If you are worried talk to your careers department at college? They are kinda experts so should be able to help you more xx

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4
All I can say is that doing while doing Physics and Maths are the best 3rd and 4th A levels for Medicine, they are by no means necessary. If your other A levels are in good, rigorous subjects you will not be put at a disadvantage.

However I believe some colleges in Oxford/ Cambridge prefer 3 science a levels, so be careful there.

Quick Reply

Latest