The Student Room Group
Students at Cornwall campus, University of Exeter
University of Exeter
Exeter

Exeter night life??????

I'm thinking of applying to Exeter to study politics, international relations and Spanish. It's one of the only universities I can study Spanish from beginners level and the course looks very good that's why it appeals to me.
But I think student life and fun is very important at university (especially as I'm having a gap year so don't want to just go back to boring work) and I've heard Exeter can be a bit dull and quiet? Or is it just as fun as any other Unis such as Newcastle and Leeds?
:confused:
HELP NEEDED TO DECIDE!
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by alibland
I'm thinking of applying to Exeter to study politics, international relations and Spanish. It's one of the only universities I can study Spanish from beginners level and the course looks very good that's why it appeals to me.
But I think student life and fun is very important at university (especially as I'm having a gay year so don't want to just go back to boring work) and I've heard Exeter can be a bit dull and quiet? Or is it just as fun as any other Unis such as Newcastle and Leeds?
HELP NEEDED TO DECIDE!

Considering, you are on a gay year as you put it. You may enjoy the gay bars and clubs around the city centre, they are a real joy.
Students at Cornwall campus, University of Exeter
University of Exeter
Exeter
Reply 2
Original post by sparkysarmy
Considering, you are on a gay year as you put it. You may enjoy the gay bars and clubs around the city centre, they are a real joy.

I meant gap year hahahaha!!!!
I live in Exeter- the night light is not quiet.. Obviously it won't be like Newcastle as it's smaller, but it's a university town so the nightlife will be there and they have loads if different theme nights etc google Exeter night life and there's a recent article by the Independent on student life in Exeter.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4
I live in Exeter, there is a small selection of nightlife but what is available is reasonably good, definitly don't think it will be on the scale of somewhere like Newcastle or Leeds though! Also everywhere does shut quite early, apparently it's something to do with regulations based on the cathedral but places don't tend to stay open past 2. So it does have it's pros and cons :smile:
Reply 5
I've lived in Exeter for over ten years on and off. The question of how good the nightlife is really depends on what you're used to. There are 3 clubs, which are all pretty terrible compared to clubs you would find in bigger cities, but there are a few bars that kind of have dancefloors and play music (i personally wouldn't class those places as clubs though) and a few good pubs. If you're from a big city then you'll be very disappointed with Exeter's nightlife, but if you're from a small town you might find it ok. Obviously if you're out with a good bunch of friends then you can have a good night anywhere and you will be out a few nights a week at student nights. It definitely won't compare to bigger cities like Newcastle and Leeds. I would personally say don't come to Exeter if nightlife is really important to you. Just my opinion.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending