The Student Room Group

MSc Finance 2014/15 LSE vs WBS

Can anybody who had attended one of the programs above or who works in banking please enlighten me on which would be the better course in terms of school reputation, course reputation, course structure, difficulty, career prospects etc. My aspirations are to go into sales and trading.

Thanks
Reply 1
LSE's MSc Finance is among the best in the world and arguably the most competitive MSc at LSE. LSE itself also has a stronger reputation globally and since you'll be in London, you have more opportunities in terms of networking, career events, etc.

I'd chose LSE over Warwick without a doubt.
Reply 2
Original post by oli92
LSE's MSc Finance is among the best in the world and arguably the most competitive MSc at LSE. LSE itself also has a stronger reputation globally and since you'll be in London, you have more opportunities in terms of networking, career events, etc.

I'd chose LSE over Warwick without a doubt.

I have heard that a lot too. But why does WBS say it is the top ranked MSc Finance course in the UK (seems to correspond with FT rankings too)?
Reply 3
I'd be careful of those rankings. Some of the best global ones don't seem to be on there at all - like the Princeton and MIT ones.

I spent 6 years working in a BB IB and have worked in asset management since, not in the UK but I've met a good number of people from there, and there are many more LSE than Warwick grads among the ones I've met. From the people I've met there still seems to be a definite tiering in UK hiring decisions - Oxbridge and LSE at the top and then other unis.
Reply 4
Anybody else care to share?
Reply 5
An update on my situation: Sorry for not clarifying before.

I am doing my undergraduate degree at Warwick and therefore have been awarded a £15000 scholarship for MSc Finance. I actually can afford to pay LSE fees but it will mostly come from my family, and I am hesitant of doing that.
So my question really is: is it worth paying £13k more for LSE?
Yes. Check the graduate destinations of MSc Finance students at LSE.
Reply 7
Ive tried searching but there's no breakdown available for MSc Finance. Could you link me to one please?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending