The Student Room Group

Help! A2 Comparative Coursework

Hi guys, I'm studying Pat Barker's Regeneration and Wilfred Owen's poetry for the comparative coursework for English Literature AQA specification B, but I'm really struggling. My class and I haven't really been given much guidance with how to do this coursework so we have all been set these two texts to compare, using our own question to link them together.

I have written about 600-800 words so I'm quite short of the 2000 word limit, and this is without really thinking of a question for my focus (I've mainly written about context so far). I'm really desperate for at least a B so I need to do well, but I doubt I will since the deadline is about 2 weeks and I haven't even thought of my own question. Do any of you know what I could use to compare these two texts? I have been advised setting or character but I'm not so sure as I don't think I could compare these very well. Also, would I be able to inbox you what I've done so far of my coursework so you will be able to help me a bit better?

Thanks in advance! :smile:
Reply 1
Original post by stillsoul
Hi guys, I'm studying Pat Barker's Regeneration and Wilfred Owen's poetry for the comparative coursework for English Literature AQA specification B, but I'm really struggling. My class and I haven't really been given much guidance with how to do this coursework so we have all been set these two texts to compare, using our own question to link them together.

I have written about 600-800 words so I'm quite short of the 2000 word limit, and this is without really thinking of a question for my focus (I've mainly written about context so far). I'm really desperate for at least a B so I need to do well, but I doubt I will since the deadline is about 2 weeks and I haven't even thought of my own question. Do any of you know what I could use to compare these two texts? I have been advised setting or character but I'm not so sure as I don't think I could compare these very well. Also, would I be able to inbox you what I've done so far of my coursework so you will be able to help me a bit better?

Thanks in advance! :smile:

I'm afraid I haven't read either of these, but as they are about the First World War, then perhaps you may choose to look at whether they positively or negatively represent the war. Is there a difference of tone i.e. is one angry, whereas one is more sad? Sorry, can't really be much more help than this

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending