The Student Room Group

Your unpopular football opinions.

There is no such thing as playing football "the right way".

Gary Cahill has been the 2nd best centre back in the league this season.

This current Bayern Munich team would crush the Invincibles.

Danny Welbeck isn't really that bad.

Kieran Gibbs should be ahead of Luke Shaw in the England national team.

Cesar Azpilicueta has always been better than Rafael (he was better last season as well)

If Fergie were still in charge, United would be top of the league.

Jose Mourinho is a much better manager than Arsene Wenger.
(edited 10 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Stopped reading at invincibles.

a man said CRUSH..

like say these guys would let you score 3+ goals or let you outscore them.

man took arsenal 03/04 for SC Freiburg
It's incredibly dull to watch, and I'll never understand how people can possibly care so much.

As far as I know, that's a real unpopular one.
My unpopular football opinion; play rugby instead. Football is pointless.

Don' ask me why, because I don't have anything to back up my opinion.
Jose Mourinho is overrated as a manager and not the best ever as some claim.

Why? Stick him at a team where they're not already dominant or allowed to spend and he'll struggle. Is he a very good manager? Yes, but he's incredibly overrated. I hate it when people say he's the best ever.

Paisley, Ferguson and Busby were all better than Mourinho. In my honest opinion, his biggest achievement was winning the CL with Inter Milan because Serie A teams at the time were being criticised for slowly falling behind (the fiascos etc.) and his tactics in those games were amazing.

Does he have the potential to be one of the best ever? Yes. Is he now? Hell no. People need to calm down.

To be fair, it is usually only plastic Chelsea fans who come out with this tripe though but I guess I should let them off as most of them believe football only started when Mourinho took them over the first time.

As much as I loathe Manchester United, there is no doubting Ferguson is the greatest of all time. For me then, second spot goes to Paisley. Although, if anyone argued Paisley was better I wouldn't argue back because that's a fair argument depending on how much you value domestic/european honours etc.
Reply 5
Original post by trrr

X

Azpilicueta being a better player than Rafael is not a unpopular opinion in football. He is head and shoulders above Rafael.

I disagree that the current Bayern team would CRUSH The Invincibles. But they would beat them, yes. Barcelona 08-11 would also beat The Invincibles.
Reply 6
Rooney is the most overrated player of our generation.
Original post by trrr
There is no such thing as playing football "the right way".

Gary Cahill has been the 2nd best centre back in the league this season.

Danny Welbeck isn't really that bad.

Cesar Azpilicueta has always been better than Rafael (he was better last season as well)

If Fergie were still in charge, United would be top of the league.

Jose Mourinho is a much better manager than Arsene Wenger.

Agree with No.5 that Gibbs > Shaw, but the fact I'm an Arsenal Fan makes me biased.
Reply 8
The majority of players are wimps.

Compared to American Football it's super dull to watch.
Original post by AnharM
Azpilicueta being a better player than Rafael is not a unpopular opinion in football. He is head and shoulders above Rafael.

I disagree that the current Bayern team would CRUSH The Invincibles. But they would beat them, yes. Barcelona 08-11 would also beat The Invincibles.

Chelsea 04-06 would batter them too

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by carrotstar
My unpopular football opinion; play rugby instead. Football is pointless.

Original post by FireGarden
It's incredibly dull to watch, and I'll never understand how people can possibly care so much.

Posts like this are why I miss neg rep.
Original post by sr90
Posts like this are why I miss neg rep.

They're just telling the truth, football is boring as **** mate.
Reply 12
Original post by trrr

I was gonna say I'm pretty sure everyone would agree with that, but then...

Original post by Thugnificent.
Stopped reading at invincibles.

a man said CRUSH..

like say these guys would let you score 3+ goals or let you outscore them.

man took arsenal 03/04 for SC Freiburg
Original post by WoodyMKC

Don't come into the football sub forum then.

I'm sure I can dissect some of your interests as being ''boring as **** mate'', but what's the point?
Probably that I enjoy seeing a good defensive display, a clean sheet is more impressive than top of goals.

Probably also David De Gea is quietly having a very good season, his form has been top notch.

Probably the only 2 I disagree with. At his best this season Gibbs has been good enough to say that I wanted him there at the start of the season, but as the season's gone on, Shaw has been better. If we put Lallana on the left its a no contest.

I'd say Azpi has been better this season no doubt, but that's mainly due to a fall in standards by Rafael, who was much better last season. Last season Rafael was fighting with Zabaleta for the best RB in the league last season.
Original post by WoodyMKC

I'd say hundreds of millions of people disagree with you. Why bother posting this in the football subforum?

I guess my unpopular opinion is that CR7 > Messi.
Original post by alow
Compared to American Football it's super dull to watch.
You mean the game which lasts an average of 3 hours 10 mins including over 100 commercial breaks making up 1 hour of that, but only 11 minutes where the ball is actually in play?
Corners do not lead to goals.

Arsene Wenger is a better manager than Ferguson.
Reply 18
Original post by Fizzel
You mean the game which lasts an average of 3 hours 10 mins including over 100 commercial breaks making up 1 hour of that, but only 11 minutes where the ball is actually in play?

That's the one :h:
Original post by sr90
Don't come into the football sub forum then.

I'm sure I can dissect some of your interests as being ''boring as **** mate'', but what's the point?

I didn't and nor did the others, it came up on the homepage. We're just doing what everyone else in this thread is doing - posting our football-related opinions.

Quick Reply

Latest