The Student Room Group

Fees & Assistance for German citizen to study in London

Hi! I'm a German citizen looking to study medicine in London. I'm trying to reach out to others to find out what assistance is available to EU or from your home government to study abroad within the EU. Any helpful advice would be greatly appreciated!
PS - in the UK is it typical to study Medicine as an undergraduate degree?
Reply 1
Hi :smile: I know my government would give me the same money they'd give me to study in my country to study in the UK. Perhaps the German government does the same?
You'll definitely be eligible for a student loan from the UK government, and your uni might give you additional grants if you are in financial need. This depends on each uni so you can have a peek on their website. There might even be special bursaries for German students in financial need, if you're lucky.

In regards to your PS, it is better for you to study it as an undergraduate degree as it will take less time and competition is less fierce than it is for graduate medicine. If you wish to have a Bsc along with your MBBS your can do a six year MBBS Bsc degree (UCL does it along with other unis).
Reply 2
Original post by dseens
Hi! I'm a German citizen looking to study medicine in London. I'm trying to reach out to others to find out what assistance is available to EU or from your home government to study abroad within the EU. Any helpful advice would be greatly appreciated!
PS - in the UK is it typical to study Medicine as an undergraduate degree?

Well if you study in England you'd be eligible for a loan from the UK gov to cover tuition fees and a significant portion of living expenses! I don't know what the German gov. offer but if you google UK gov student finance you'll find lots of information about what the UK gov can offer you

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3
Many thanks for your advice Smushy & em.d_4!!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending