The Student Room Group

Socks!

I just thought i'd share my sock grievences with everyone and see if anyon else's socks hate them...

Where the hell do socks go!?
I appear to have about 10 odd socks, depsite having them in pairs when i moved here about a month ago... I'm sure theyre running away from me.
Why cant socks stay in pairs!?
They get put into the washing machine in pairs... they go into the tumble dryer in pairs... and then they appear to run away from me...

I've searched the apartment high and low... where could they have gone? I've even checked in the back of the washing machine, and behind the tv!

i think my socks hate me... maybe i just have smelly feet... :frown:

Anyone else hate socks? Or am i just not a sock-friend?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Don't worry, socks seem to vanish in this house too.
Reply 2
if that happens, just wear them odd.. i do. mine don't match right now.

:smile:
haha, i have a sock problem as well, they always seem to vanish into no where, its like when I wash them as pairs I never seem to reunite the pairs again. Oh, well, I sometimes tend to wear odd socks especially in the house.
Reply 4
I never wear matching socks. I'm lucky if I can find two that are clean and have no holes, let alone match!
I used to have a problem with pants too coz the neighborhood weirdo used to steal them off the line.
Reply 5
I hate wearing odd socks.
Reply 6
My friend always wears odd socks, it's just something they do in her family. There's a picture of the 4 sisters stood together, and each one is wearing odd socks - but all the socks in the picture are matching pairs.
Someone should make a sock soc. Thatd be fun for about 10 minutes

You solve the odd sock problem by buying loads of the same socks. Then it doesnt matter if you mix them up and lose them etc

Suzi law
Anyone else hate socks? Or am i just not a sock-friend?

Im quite fond of socks to be honest. For all the inconvenience and annoyance we've had some good times: when i first discovered toed socks (their like ****ing gloves for your feet!) when i was camping and i warmed my socks on the fire then put them on, when i put 3 pairs of socks on so these really big shoes would fit me. Its a love-hate relationship but i wouldnt swap them for the world :rolleyes:
halfoflessthan50p

You solve the odd sock problem by buying loads of the same socks. Then it doesnt matter if you mix them up and lose them etc

Good idea:smile:
Reply 9
sometimes pairs of socks realise that they are not made for one another and its better for everyone that they go their seperate ways.

mine all disappear, why cant they all just get along :frown:
Reply 10
Mine appear to have divorced and one of each pair has moved out. :frown:
Reply 11
which got the kids?
Reply 12
halfoflessthan50p
when i first discovered toed socks (their like ****ing gloves for your feet!)

I had a pair of those, loved them to bits - until my mum threw them out because they had big holes in the bottom :frown:
She always wants to throw out my favourite socks.
Reply 13
As Prince George put it in Blackadder:
"To me, Blackadder, socks are like sex. Tons of it about, and I never seem to get any."
Reply 14
BLACKADDER! Have some rep for that!
Reply 15
Suzi_law
BLACKADDER! Have some rep for that!

thank you! :smile: Blackadder Rules ...I have just bought the DVD boxset so am kinda obsessed at the moment
I no longer own socks. Never mind only having odd socks I don't seem to have any. They've all buggered off and left me.
mine usually hide behind the radiator in my bedroom and get covered in dust...serves them right,lol:smile:
I never wear socks so i never have a problem!!! (Wear flip flops pretty much all year!)

-x-
Reply 19
unless I'm wearing shorts, odd socks are fine. Blue goes well with yellow, green complements red, and orange goes with purple. Not that I have purple socks.

Latest

Trending

Trending