The Student Room Group

Need some advice

I started liking this guy at work. We get on well and have things in common.

I started to develop feelings for him, the only problem is he's nearly 10 years older than me.

he did ask me out before but I said no I'm concerned about his age

any suggestions?
Reply 1
What's the age gap? If your age is => (his age/2)+7 then go for it.
Reply 2
I'm 20 and he's nearly 30.
Reply 3
Might as well give it a shot?
Reply 4
But I know this may sound harsh but I like this other guy and more my age. I don't want yo outset the other guy though cos we're good friends at moment. Is it wrong to ask a guy out and by text?
Reply 5
Go with your heart....age is just a number, go with the guy you really like.

If you do go with the guy that's more your age, I'm sure the guy at work will understand..it all depends on how you go about it. Basically be the same with him and if he asks, just mention your seeing someone..

Hope this helps :smile:
Reply 6
Age is just a number, really. He's walked the planet a little longer than you - so what? :smile: The only problem with age gaps (over the age of 18) is having different interests in things. But as you say, you already get on so there's no problem with it at all ^_^ There's 7 years between my mum and dad, he was 18 when they first got together and she was 25. They're happy :smile:

In terms of asking him out...I wouldn't do it by text unless you feel too awkward in person?? Make your feelings clear to him before you just jump in there...
Reply 7
He knows I like him he's asked me out before by text but said no. I'll probably ask him out when I next see him the guy more by ask.

cheers for the advice
Reply 8
I don't know about the guy from work anymore. We went out for tea on Wednesday and he turned up at mine in trackies and a jumper. I felt awkward since I made an effort.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending