The Student Room Group

Should I go on holiday?

I am currently in my first year of studying at sixth form, and will have completed 4 AS levels by the mid June. My first exam is a month away and I am totally behind. My family are going on holiday to Scotland on Monday until Friday, and I suppose the best idea is to stay at home and revise solidly for the 5 days. However, I will be the only person at home and the reality is that I will be really lonely, possibly giving me less motivation to revise. Does anyone have any words of advise or been in this situation themselves? I am torn between going away and attempting to revise on holiday and staying at home! Thanks!
Reply 1
Stay at home and revise, no doubt about it.
Original post by worried97
I am currently in my first year of studying at sixth form, and will have completed 4 AS levels by the mid June. My first exam is a month away and I am totally behind. My family are going on holiday to Scotland on Monday until Friday, and I suppose the best idea is to stay at home and revise solidly for the 5 days. However, I will be the only person at home and the reality is that I will be really lonely, possibly giving me less motivation to revise. Does anyone have any words of advise or been in this situation themselves? I am torn between going away and attempting to revise on holiday and staying at home! Thanks!

Go away, maybe do a bit of revision there. You've still got all of next week, and another 2 weeks minimum till it all kicks off
Revise at home, you can always go on holiday over the summer or something - maybe you could revise with a friend to increase your motivation? but only if you're quite certain you won't be sidetracked from your revision with said friend - but definitely revise!!!
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 4
If you know by being alone you'll be less motivated to revise then go off on holiday, you still have a lot of time for revision and you can still fit in a few hours on holiday :smile: don't give up opportunities just because of revision, by even asking the question I'm guessing you do want to go away

Quick Reply

Latest