The Student Room Group

Trying to bring my PC to dorm as an EU student

I'm a Hungarian student and I'd like to bring my PC to the uni dorm with me because I basically do all of my school-related stuff on it, but I'm not sure how I could store it when I have to go back to Hungary for the holidays.
What do you guys recommend? Should I try to rent storage space for it, or would it be cheaper to find accommodation for the entire year so that I don't have to move my stuff at all?
Reply 1
Original post by Argentatou
I'm a Hungarian student and I'd like to bring my PC to the uni dorm with me because I basically do all of my school-related stuff on it, but I'm not sure how I could store it when I have to go back to Hungary for the holidays.
What do you guys recommend? Should I try to rent storage space for it, or would it be cheaper to find accommodation for the entire year so that I don't have to move my stuff at all?

If the PC is a must then before you arrive compare the price of holiday storage to the price of increasing your rental contract. Most likely storage will be cheaper and even if it is not you will be able to go home during the holidays whereas you may be stuck in the UK if you increase your rental contract (dependant on many factors). Good luck with university!
Reply 2
Original post by Andi.0k
If the PC is a must then before you arrive compare the price of holiday storage to the price of increasing your rental contract. Most likely storage will be cheaper and even if it is not you will be able to go home during the holidays whereas you may be stuck in the UK if you increase your rental contract (dependant on many factors). Good luck with university!

Thank you!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending