The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
bradders
Chewing Gum what would we do without it?

We'd be a lot better off without it!
On the other hand if you want to look like a dairy cow chewing the cud, it's your choice....
Reply 2
i love chewing gum :smile:
bradders
Chewing Gum –what would we do without it?

Are you a manic-chewer? Maybe, like me, you’re chewing right this instance? Do you remember Roald Dahl’s cautionary tale …

Nevertheless, I think that the majority of our generation owe the successes of thier love-life to this sticky, white, rubber accessory.

Yep, chweing gum is great. :biggrin:
Reply 4
bradders

Are you a manic-chewer? Maybe, like me, you’re chewing right this instance? Do you remember Roald Dahl’s cautionary tale

Nevertheless, I think that the majority of our generation owe the successes of thier love-life to this sticky, white, rubber accessory.

You like chewing gum but they did a test once between people chewing and people not chewing the people that were chewing had less concentration and less score........ :redface:
Also it's realy bad. all the town centres and every where is plastered with chewing gum
Reply 5
bradders

Are you a manic-chewer? Maybe, like me, you’re chewing right this instance? Do you remember Roald Dahl’s cautionary tale

Yeah, also good for sticking in your mates hair.... :biggrin:
Reply 6
Singapore's chewing gum ban has been partially lifted. However, it is only for medical purposes and is only available by prescription!

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/asia-pacific/2494499.stm

I like what the statesman said: 'If you can't think because you can't chew, try a banana.'
Reply 7
hornblower
Singapore's chewing gum ban has been partially lifted. However, it is only for medical purposes and is only available by prescription!

I like what the statesman said: 'If you can't think because you can't chew, try a banana.'

lol.. :rolleyes:
Reply 8
hornblower

& for what medical purposes??? :eek:
Reply 9
zazy
& for what medical purposes??? :eek:

Apparently, smokers trying to give up are prescribed nicotine gum.
Reply 10
hornblower
Apparently, smokers trying to give up are prescribed nicotine gum.

yep. i love chewing gum...but not on the streets, if your going to chew it, thats fine, but atleast bin it properly
littleone
yep. i love chewing gum...but not on the streets, if your going to chew it, thats fine, but atleast bin it properly

I've started a nasty habit of swallowing mine when I've finished.
Reply 12
hornblower

Eeeeeeeeew, any digestive problems?
hornblower

Yeah, I do that.
It's marvellous stuff, especially for breath-freshening purposes.
Reply 14
suspicious_fish
Yeah, I do that.
It's marvellous stuff, especially for breath-freshening purposes.

yep i love chewing gum i have 2 packets a day (im addicted!!!)
im fine without it because i couldnt have it while i had braces
And Chomps for 10 p!
Chomps are still 10p or am I wrong? I'm suprised they haven't gone up in price. The price of a tiny milky bar (really small) is 15p it crazy.
Revelation
Chomps are still 10p or am I wrong? I'm suprised they haven't gone up in price. The price of a tiny milky bar (really small) is 15p it crazy.

I thought they'd gone up to 15 or 20? Not sure....
suspicious_fish
I can't believe they're... what, 15p now? 20?
And Opan Fruits! I was outraged when they changed it.
marathon bars are befor my time, now.
Sherbert Fountains for 10p.... *sob*

Opal Fruits ruled!

I hate the way companies change UK brand names to 'fit in' with the international name.

Jif to Cif was a terrible move.
Revelation

I'm sure they went up to 15 p. I stopped buying them then.

Latest

Trending

Trending