The Student Room Group

How to force yourself to study??

Um I know I just need to do it but I really need the pressure on me to do, otherwise I just don't do it... Well anyway, I'm in the middle of exam season so this is currently my only option. Anyone know how to pressurise themselves to revise?
i start by doing quizlet flashcards while eating lunch/breakfast/whatever (buldak noodles for me) while a hype playlist plays, then i tend to hand-write notes and then test myself on key terms. then i'll do a practice essay
for me, the playlist is essential. i tend to listen to really loud kpop because it makes me happy and i can't study in silence.
'rewards' are also nice, i.e. 'if i write 4 pages in the next half hour i'll read a heartstopper chapter (or whatever)'
oh and getting rid of distractions. i tend to sit at a desk with the laptop and my books. and it's all so boring because there's nothing to distract me that i just have to study bc it's the only thing left to do
oh and also snacks, i like to drink tea and chew gum (at the same time? maybe) when i study
and a fidget spinner or smn for the hand that's not doing anything.
the combination of this stuff actually makes studying pretty fun, i'm probably going to miss gcses over the summer xD
Reply 2
Original post by sunnyskies21
i start by doing quizlet flashcards while eating lunch/breakfast/whatever (buldak noodles for me) while a hype playlist plays, then i tend to hand-write notes and then test myself on key terms. then i'll do a practice essay
for me, the playlist is essential. i tend to listen to really loud kpop because it makes me happy and i can't study in silence.
'rewards' are also nice, i.e. 'if i write 4 pages in the next half hour i'll read a heartstopper chapter (or whatever)'
oh and getting rid of distractions. i tend to sit at a desk with the laptop and my books. and it's all so boring because there's nothing to distract me that i just have to study bc it's the only thing left to do
oh and also snacks, i like to drink tea and chew gum (at the same time? maybe) when i study
and a fidget spinner or smn for the hand that's not doing anything.
the combination of this stuff actually makes studying pretty fun, i'm probably going to miss gcses over the summer xD

Aww thanks I had thought of having smt to fiddle with when i study but now that you have reminded me, perhaps I should haha!
I can't do kpop or anything with lyrics really I'd get distracted otherwise. I've tried instrumental but then I get distracted by YouTube. So I think I should just use downloaded music.
I'll get some gum after my exam today! Thanks for the advice! Hope your gcses went well!

Quick Reply

Latest