The Student Room Group

Addicted to nicotine pouches (snus)

I have a very good friend who got me into vaping at the beginning of the year, I moved over to nicotine pouches (the Velo high strength ones) and I cannot stop using them. I ran out of them last night, tried to go today without having any but started getting the jitters and couldn't concentrate at uni so had to buy another box...any advice for quitting these things?
Throw out any that you have at the moment. Buy gum for nicotine addiction or chew regular gum, this will keep your mouth busy.
Original post by Anonymous #1
I have a very good friend who got me into vaping at the beginning of the year, I moved over to nicotine pouches (the Velo high strength ones) and I cannot stop using them. I ran out of them last night, tried to go today without having any but started getting the jitters and couldn't concentrate at uni so had to buy another box...any advice for quitting these things?

Nicotine itself isn’t addictive. What’s addictive is the relief you get after you’ve waited to use it. Limit yourself to a few a day, wait until midday to use it, and gradually start using lower strength ones. It’s tough because nicotine makes you want to stay addicted.
Nicotine is addictive.There's also other chemicals in tobacco itself which are implicated in addiction on top.

Quick Reply

Latest